Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 02:47 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times

Advertisements

I'm a young 30s person who will have about 9 hrs to kill in & around the city of Fullerton once a wk for a few mos (late Aug - mid-Dec).

I like shopping, malls, bookstores. Other than the Irvine Spectrum & Fashion Island shopping mall, which are about 30 min away, what places could I go to to browse around & kill that much time?

I'd appreciate ALL your help. List as many nice, safe places as you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 12:07 AM

230 posts, read 599,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I'm a young 30s person who will have about 9 hrs to kill in & around the city of Fullerton once a wk for a few mos (late Aug - mid-Dec).

I like shopping, malls, bookstores. Other than the Irvine Spectrum & Fashion Island shopping mall, which are about 30 min away, what places could I go to to browse around & kill that much time?

I'd appreciate ALL your help. List as many nice, safe places as you can.
I've killed a lot of time at the Amerige Heights Town Center on W. Malvern. Not an indoor mall, but a huge shopping complex that has a Barnes and Noble, a bunch of restaurants (I love the Islands Burger, though it ain't cheap), and a lot of odd shops. It's very nice and quite safe.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:12 PM

Thanks a lot! I'll look it up & get directions.

Anyone else have suggestions!

Old 07-14-2009, 01:16 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
You can hang out and take some classes.

Welcome to the Historic Imperial Ballroom and Fullerton Dancesport Center

Old 07-14-2009, 02:42 PM

68 posts, read 207,717 times
The Brea Mall is nearby. Downtown Disney is also a quick drive and a fun place to wander around.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:48 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,931,925 times
Fullerton is really only a 30 min. drive to LA, with TONS of stuff to do. You could also buy a pretty cheap Amtrak train ticket from Fullerton to LA and right across the street from Grand Central is Olvera Street (little history and culture there). Best part of this is there's no driving involved. heck, catch the train in Fullerton and take it to San Diego for the day.

Drive up to LA and visit the museums. The Museum of Tolerance (on Pico) is a great educational museum.

Just SO much to do around you, I wouldn't limit myself to just the immediate Fullerton area!

Old 07-14-2009, 03:35 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,757,166 times
Fullerton is a 30min drive to LA? Maybe at midnight, if the freeways aren't closed for construction.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:53 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,931,925 times
Yeah... I don't live here. What could I possibly be talking about?

Old 07-14-2009, 05:00 PM

Thanks guys! I'm killing time btwn 2 university classes. One's in the morning & one's at night, which I'm furious about, but there's nothing I can do. It's too much trouble & wear & tear on my car to go all the way home & back again.

I've thought of taking the metrolink to school, but I'd have to go way out of my way to LA, then come back, so I'd have to spend too much extra time being at the metrolink stations, waiting to board the next train, etc.

I don't want to put any more wear & tear on my new car than I am already having to drive to school 4 days a week. So I won't be willing to drive to LA.

Yes, I'm also aware of the Brea Mall & Disney, thanks!

I'm going to try to carpool w/ someone too.

Any more ideas?

Old 07-14-2009, 05:32 PM

2,963 posts, read 5,449,684 times
You can probably kill an hour or so at Buffalo Exchange on Harbor.

If you're just sticking around the area you could check into the university's pool (or the Janet Evans Community Pool--I think it's $3 admission) and do some laps, then head to a salon for a shampoo and blowout where you can read a book or magazine. Obviously you won't be doing this regularly, but it's a fill-in suggestion, as well as the Panoramic Trail in Fullerton. Some uphill hiking, so it's a little workout but you can head to the pool for a swim/shower afterward. Sorry to divert from topic, but, wow, that's just really a lot of time to kill just window shopping and wandering!

Is it unwelcome or OT to suggest a couple of hours of volunteer work? I think with some research and imagination there could be some benefit for your major study, whatever it may be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County