Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 12:24 PM

2 posts, read 8,308 times

Advertisements

What is downtown Anaheim like? I'm thinking of buying a condo at Harbor Lofts, but I don't know anything about this area. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 05:09 PM

301 posts, read 1,511,204 times
Harbor Lofts are nice. Downtown is much improved over the last 5 years. They've had trouble attracting decent restaurants, but overall there is a good vibe going on there now. The gang problems are a couple blocks over in each direction, so that isn't really an issue. And you are about 200 yards from Pearson Park and amphitheater, which is a great place. It's definitely a neighborhood that is headed in the right direction now.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:05 PM

1 posts, read 4,296 times
I agree with MisterDuke! This area in Anaheim is definitely going to be improving in the future. I just got a place there not too long ago and I'm just waiting for escrow to close! I am so excited! My boyfriend has been to the HOA meetings and the City of Anaheim totally has this place in the works to make it look beautiful! I can't wait! =)

Old 08-03-2009, 10:11 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,223,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterDuke View Post
Downtown is much improved over the last 5 years.
Improved,but there are still a couple of points to be aware of.The surrounding area has a very large illegal alien presence,and the gang menace is not to be taken lightly.Also,much of Anaheims homeless population frequents this area.They often hang out in the fast food joints and the library,and are rarely a threat,but they are often seen.The op's author appears to be female,so if she does move here,the usual alertness and prudence should be exercised.If so,she should be okay.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:04 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,451,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterDuke View Post
Harbor Lofts are nice. Downtown is much improved over the last 5 years. They've had trouble attracting decent restaurants, but overall there is a good vibe going on there now. The gang problems are a couple blocks over in each direction, so that isn't really an issue. And you are about 200 yards from Pearson Park and amphitheater, which is a great place. It's definitely a neighborhood that is headed in the right direction now.
A couple of blocks over in each direction isn't a problem? You know the gang bangers can walk and drive, right?

Old 08-04-2009, 01:34 PM

2 posts, read 8,308 times
Default Thanks

Hmmm... thanks for the information. Those are definitely things to consider!

Old 08-04-2009, 03:25 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
A couple of blocks over in each direction isn't a problem? You know the gang bangers can walk and drive, right?
why would they even bother to go to a place where people can afford 300k+ condos and afford to drive high end luxury cars?

Old 08-05-2009, 02:15 AM

1,658 posts, read 7,575,819 times
I love ANA!
Downtown Anaheim is pretty cool.Could have more but maybe it just needs time.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:33 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,782,039 times
I would stay away from that area myself because it is very rundown and, as an earlier poster said, there are lots of gangs, prostitution, drug dealing and homeless beggars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County