Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 09:17 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,498,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Sounds alot like East Cobb-Roswell-Alpharetta in Georgia.
If this guy is from Georgia, he shouldn't be bitching about LA. Atlanta is the definition of boredom.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:29 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
If this guy is from Georgia, he shouldn't be bitching about LA. Atlanta is the definition of boredom.
I never said I was complaining about LA. I was comparing East Cobb-Roswell-Alpharetta to Orange County as the boring snobland. You're behaving as if I am defending Atlanta. Quite the contrary. I don't like it that much and I am trying to leave it.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I never said I was complaining about LA. I was comparing East Cobb-Roswell-Alpharetta to Orange County as the boring snobland. You're behaving as if I am defending Atlanta. Quite the contrary. I don't like it that much and I am trying to leave it.
My bad. Read it wrong. It's 12:45 AM here, I'm spacing out.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:51 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptty1 View Post
you are wrong hockeymac because i have lived in the orange county my whole life and to even afford a house in the orange county you need to be smart so dont go insulting OC people
Did you even read my post? Read it again, please. If you would like to show some intelligence and represent your region well, you would see that in my post I stated that even though I had a bad experience with people in OC when I visited, I know/knew that everyone is/was NOT that way. I am, in a sense, agreeing with you. I never brought up the idea that I thought people from OC are not smart; quite to the contrary, if anything OC has an extremely educated population. It has to, though, in order to support the job market there (i.e. high paying jobs requiring advanced skills). In fact, my post hardly talks about OC. Rather, I was talking about the general idea that we shouldn't lump together MILLIONS of people into a simple little category (although, it is human nature to categorize things) because in the end all we will have is a simplistic and inaccurate representation of millions of DIFFERENT people from a single region. Never is it true that people from region X behave exactly the same way. It just is not the case!

So again, I urge you, please read what I wrote again carefully and then if you still feel the way you did (even if what you wrote is is no way reflective of what I was stating), you can post again. Thank you.

Last edited by HockeyMac18; 07-31-2007 at 01:02 AM..

Old 07-31-2007, 02:03 AM

7 posts, read 12,916 times
FutureCop: Surely you did not just compare the automotive habits of individuals living in a metropolis with those in a larger commuter-based areas? This would be akin to saying that individuals living in Newport Beach had yachts docked to their houses while those living in New York City did not.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well-Bred Filly View Post
FutureCop: Surely you did not just compare the automotive habits of individuals living in a metropolis with those in a larger commuter-based areas? This would be akin to saying that individuals living in Newport Beach had yachts docked to their houses while those living in New York City did not.
New York is nowhere near as materialistic as LA. Ratios will prove it.

Old 08-04-2007, 01:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,012 times
Default Looks like the troll hit the east coast!

Jersey City List - Jersey City, NJ - JC: An Outsiders Inside View [Message Forum - General discussion]

Old 08-05-2007, 12:11 AM

815 posts, read 2,698,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmagnifico View Post

I just went back East after a long absence and felt like I was freakin' ALIVE again. The diversity, the action, the odors (good & bad) the edgy humor, the streetsmart people, the culture ...THAT'S LIFE !

I'm packing it up and heading back to civilization man!!!!
That's funny - I live in Sacramento and I hate here for my own reasons. I'm turning into an angry, heat drained, lifeless blob the longer I stay here. Whenever I visit Orange County I feel exactly like you do when you go back East: ALIVE and VIBRANT. Don't knock OC too much. Its not perfect, but it's a wonderful region to call home and I really, really took life there for granted. Shame on me.
There is no place like it in the world.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:32 PM

543 posts, read 1,900,564 times
I just have to say that I now realize, after reading many threads today that there are problems on each coast. We are contemplating a move to the East Coast so I got on this MB to research. What I find is the people in NJ/NY want to move to the South (N. Carolina and Atlanta) they are sick of high taxes, corruption and bad weather. People in the OC want out because of overcrowding, lack of community and the competitive enviroment. I for one am still confused. I love the beauty of the East Coast but don't know if I could really handle the weather. On the other hand I despise South Orange County and the fake people that live here. And I grew up in this area. I just wish it could be like it was, real people, real friends, really nice place to live. Oh those were the days...

Old 08-09-2007, 06:53 AM

125 posts, read 209,025 times
Default Not the Anus of the World, but...

Magnificent work!

I couldn't have said it better myself regarding the OC. It sucks indeed.

One minor squabble: it doesn't suck as bad as San Diego. Now there's your "anus of the world." Orange County gets my vote as the "taint of the world" -- penultimate suckage.

For more on my views regarding San Diego (I call it San Phlegmatico), you are invited to saunter on over (or loaf/ shlep/ stumble on over, if you're a hapless, lazy-boned, mind-numbed San Diegan) to the SD Forum.

More people need to get the word out as per the suckitude of SoCal in general (especially SD and OC), so as to properly deter well-intended good folks from making the blunder of a lifetime and moving from the Heartland/East Coast/ NorCal to this God-forsaken Hell-Hole.

I am seeing waaaay too many "I live in ___ and am looking forward to my move to SoCal. Any advice for me?" posts.

Yeah! -- Don't do it!!!

If weather is TRULY what you want, I suggest Hawai'i.

If "energy" is what you want, I suggest New York.

If California laid-backness mixed with "progressive-ism," and diversity of experiences and people is your bag, go to San Francisco.

If you want "the outdoors": Colorado, NorCal, perhaps the Appalachain-Blue Ridge chain (Asheville comes to mind).

If you want great tacos, well... NorCal can do that too. And burritos.

If you desire great beaches, then I suggest: Florida, Virginia, NorCal (Santa Cruz-area, SF Peninsula, Marin County and northward, Big Sur-area).

There is NOTHING in SoCal, save for the entertainment industry, that you cannot get elsewhere.

Heed Magnifico's and my advice.

--San Phlegmatico

Last edited by san phlegmatico; 08-09-2007 at 07:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County