Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 04:13 AM

674 posts, read 1,619,758 times

Advertisements

The after effect of eight years with George W Bush. People never know how their life may end up:

the Girls Guide to Homelessness » Blog Archive » Initiation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 10:54 AM

5,113 posts, read 19,761,775 times
website doesnt work. did bush fire her or something?

Old 09-01-2009, 11:07 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times
Why doesn't she just leave SoCal? She already lives in a Car + Trailer...just drive somewhere else cheap and find a job.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:34 AM

674 posts, read 1,619,758 times
Try it in two days. I think the server is overloaded. There was an article about it today so clearly there are many accessing the site.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:20 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antibes View Post
Try it in two days. I think the server is overloaded. There was an article about it today so clearly there are many accessing the site.
i bet we can't get it cause AL Gore has screwed up our computers..

Nita

Old 09-01-2009, 01:11 PM

723 posts, read 1,634,182 times
She was an exec and doesn't own a home? I bet she got paid 10 times what I make. Hmm, sounds like some execs are not all that smart, huh?.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:29 PM

434 posts, read 849,031 times
I think she should hunker down and stick it out where she is. Any day now Obama's trillion dollar "stimulus" ("I won't allow earmarks") bill is going to turn the economy around. She should be back on easy street in no time at all. In fact from what I hear out of DC the tide has already turned.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:17 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,627,657 times
LOL...not by choice. How ridiculous. She had a bunch of different choices which she delineated and discarded in her blog. She actually has another choice...work two low end jobs. She could then not be homeless. I'd do it. I got laid off my first job out of college and worked as a security guard for a couple years, with as much as 30 hours of overtime a week, so that I could pay my bills. Used that job as basis for interviewing for another job after a couple years that had starting pay twice what I made as a security guard. I'd do it again if I had to.

I have absolutely no sympathy for a lazy self absorbed person like the one that wrote this blog. She had her choices. She simply did not like them. So boo freaking hoo for her.

And Antibes...you keep posting these nonsense biased articles and writtings. I challenge you to explain....in your own words and without linking to the writtings of others....why the current economic situation is the fault of George Bush.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:23 AM

243 posts, read 343,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
LOL...not by choice. How ridiculous. She had a bunch of different choices which she delineated and discarded in her blog. She actually has another choice...work two low end jobs. She could then not be homeless. I'd do it. I got laid off my first job out of college and worked as a security guard for a couple years, with as much as 30 hours of overtime a week, so that I could pay my bills. Used that job as basis for interviewing for another job after a couple years that had starting pay twice what I made as a security guard. I'd do it again if I had to.

I have absolutely no sympathy for a lazy self absorbed person like the one that wrote this blog. She had her choices. She simply did not like them. So boo freaking hoo for her.

And Antibes...you keep posting these nonsense biased articles and writtings. I challenge you to explain....in your own words and without linking to the writtings of others....why the current economic situation is the fault of George Bush.

How is it not George Bush's fault? PUHLEASEEEEEEEEEE Explain that one~

Old 09-02-2009, 09:43 AM

5,113 posts, read 19,761,775 times
So I could finally read this, and I cannot see how this happens to be Bush's fault. I could more easily blame Bill Clinton for ruining my grandmothers career because he pushed the defense cuts that cut her program at TRW 15+ years ago. I don't recall Bush telling anyone to fire employees.

Anyways, this woman has no degree and hasn't looked outside of a 200 mile radius for work. She's not as bright as she tries to portray herself. I've been out of work for the summer and I've had interviews in Pennsylvania, Idaho, Colorado, Texas, and New Jersey on top of local stuff. If you want a job in a recession economy, you have to branch out everywhere you can. This woman isn't locked down by anything but her own stubbornness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County