Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 10:19 AM

214 posts, read 602,419 times

Advertisements

I'm coming down from Montana to do a project for Southern California Edison out at San Onofre. Who would have the best deal these days for a suite or room with a kitchen included with some class? It could also be someone that needs help with their mortgage, too, for awhile. If you ask me about Montana, I'll just tell you it's doing a lot better than you-know-where.

Last edited by Jbechtel; 08-29-2009 at 10:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 11:13 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,742,740 times
That last line might kill any helpful feelings the natives have, you know.

Do you have to stay in Lake Forest? San Onofre is a fair drive from there. Why not somewhere closer, like San Clemente?

Old 08-29-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
That last line might kill any helpful feelings the natives have, you know.

Do you have to stay in Lake Forest? San Onofre is a fair drive from there. Why not somewhere closer, like San Clemente?
That would work, too. Why? I don't have any words of advice to say to the natives other than life is better elsewhere. I just know there's a lot of people talking about it on your site. We haven't had much of a recession up here and I always recommend the northwest to anybody that wants to leave your state.

Last edited by Jbechtel; 08-29-2009 at 02:23 PM..

Old 08-29-2009, 03:18 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,833,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbechtel View Post
That would work, too. Why? I don't have any words of advice to say to the natives other than life is better elsewhere. I just know there's a lot of people talking about it on your site. We haven't had much of a recession up here and I always recommend the northwest to anybody that wants to leave your state.
Been waxing any lonely dental floss lately?

How come you have to travel to the SONGS to work? Don't they have work in Montana?

The only thing I ever think about when I hear Montana is

YouTube - Frank Zappa - Montana 08-21-73

Old 08-29-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Been waxing any lonely dental floss lately?

How come you have to travel to the SONGS to work? Don't they have work in Montana?

The only thing I ever think about when I hear Montana is

YouTube - Frank Zappa - Montana 08-21-73
Yah, this is old news, I know a few guys already trying this on our Montana blog. Although I do some work at home, I'm one of those kinds of consultants that have to go everywhere to work and never call anywhere home. Love those dead heroes though, kinda like Cal.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
That would work, too. Why?
Why what? I thought you might not realize Lake Forest is not conveniently located to San Onofre. San Clemente is 20 minutes south on the 405 with no traffic, and you'll have plenty during the week.

Quote:
I don't have any words of advice to say to the natives other than life is better elsewhere. I just know there's a lot of people talking about it on your site. We haven't had much of a recession up here and I always recommend the northwest to anybody that wants to leave your state.
I see. You don't have any advice to give, so you just thought you'd make a random potshot at residents as you were asking for help? Don't they teach you manners up there in Montana?

Old 08-31-2009, 12:49 AM

243 posts, read 343,562 times
Yes, stay in or @ San Clemente. Lake Forest is not worth the drive all the way to where you want to be for work at San Onofre.

School is starting back up and all the vacationers will be going home. Look for a place to stay in the San Clemente area and enjoy it.

Old 09-03-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Why what? I thought you might not realize Lake Forest is not conveniently located to San Onofre. San Clemente is 20 minutes south on the 405 with no traffic, and you'll have plenty during the week.

I see. You don't have any advice to give, so you just thought you'd make a random potshot at residents as you were asking for help? Don't they teach you manners up there in Montana?
Sounds too much like a mid-westerner to me. Need responses from locals only!

Old 09-03-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbirdoc View Post
Yes, stay in or @ San Clemente. Lake Forest is not worth the drive all the way to where you want to be for work at San Onofre.

School is starting back up and all the vacationers will be going home. Look for a place to stay in the San Clemente area and enjoy it.
Thanks for breaking the ice,....What would the traffic be like in the mornings going south from Forest or Clemente?

Old 09-03-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Sounds too much like a mid-westerner to me. Need responses from locals only!
I lived in Lake Forest for more than half my life and moved away last year. I notice and answer everything about Lake Forest. It's a little town but I know it inside and out.

Go Chargers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County