Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 04:03 AM

9 posts, read 46,359 times

Advertisements

I looked at one right next to Disneyland (yes, next to the parking lots) and from the freeway to the complex looks very nice, wide roads and tall trees.

Just wondering how's the safety of that area beside the looks? Are the neighbors more like Hispanic? I know that Anaheim is not an overall very good neighborhood in OC, but some people say that the area around Disney and Convention Center is not bad. Just wondering if anyone knows a bit more about this neighborhood?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 11:52 AM

224 posts, read 957,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amykkk View Post
I looked at one right next to Disneyland (yes, next to the parking lots) and from the freeway to the complex looks very nice, wide roads and tall trees.

Just wondering how's the safety of that area beside the looks? Are the neighbors more like Hispanic? I know that Anaheim is not an overall very good neighborhood in OC, but some people say that the area around Disney and Convention Center is not bad. Just wondering if anyone knows a bit more about this neighborhood?

Thanks!
Amy...I'm curious about the KKK after your name.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:03 PM

Well...I guess i should change my user name. you are the second person asking me about it...
It's random, cuz my last name starts with K.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:07 PM

39 posts, read 109,116 times
So you chose to add 3 Ks after it? Not to mention you asked about Hispanics. LOL

Old 09-13-2009, 12:11 PM

301 posts, read 1,511,008 times
Depends on the neighborhood. What are the cross streets? There are 3 gang neighborhoods adjacent to Disneyland Resort. But there are also some nice neighborhoods.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:15 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,193,073 times
no matter where you go in CA there are going to be hispanics. in anaheim specifically, there are parts that are nearly all hispanic and parts that are hardly hispanic. regardless, i wouldn't characterize anaheim as an "overall not very good neighborhood in OC". there are many nice areas of the city (ie anaheim hills) and plenty of other older, charming neighborhoods. in the area you are looking at, i would say that it is a mix, with probably less hispanic people, but nearby to some heavily hispanic neighborhoods. i used to live about a mile from disneyland with my grandmother and it had no issues with safety in a nieghborhood right on the border of wealthier established homes and lower income bungalows and apartments.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterDuke View Post
Depends on the neighborhood. What are the cross streets? There are 3 gang neighborhoods adjacent to Disneyland Resort. But there are also some nice neighborhoods.
The place I looked at is on Walnut & cerritos.

3 gang neighborhoods...well.....maybe I should stay away.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:28 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,789,697 times
I wouldn't want to live in that area. Worked there for a while. Take a drive down Katella and you'll see that the general area away from the tourist traps, is a run down business district.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:46 PM

301 posts, read 1,511,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amykkk View Post
The place I looked at is on Walnut & cerritos.

3 gang neighborhoods...well.....maybe I should stay away.
That apartment complex on the north side of cerritos/walnut is okay. The apartments on the south side of cerritos are gang territory.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:43 PM

230 posts, read 599,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Bonner View Post
Amy...I'm curious about the KKK after your name.
Maybe she's a history buff.

Quote:
The city had a bit of controversy in the 1920s when the Ku Klux Klan managed to get four of its members elected to the five member trustees board. The Klan wanted to make Anaheim a model KKK city. They lasted almost a year. When they were discovered, a recall election was held and the members were ousted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County