Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2010, 10:49 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,758,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
You mean not Fox News right?
And where did I identify myself with Fox News or indicate that they are a bastion of news(they're an editorial/analysis network first, not news)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 08:21 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,333,368 times
I am far from wealthy. I grew up in Port Hueneme and live in Oxnard. I do have to work for a living. Saying that I have seen many make it in life. Nothing holds a person down like themselves. In this country no one can keep you from becoming successful. It helps to start early, meaning that you can use the power of compounding in your favor. I would bet that those that don't make it are using the power of compounding against them, as in debt. You can invest money in a retirement instrument and over the years watch it grow. You can also buy nice things with something called cash and never pay interest again. I have a Porsche, a small boat, and an old airplane and guess what? I own them all. Nonthing I have is new but still very cool to own and use.

Nothing states that you have to have everything this minute either. People don't seem to want to wait for anything now. Nothing wrong with setting goals and making life work in your favor over time. I just don't see working each month and not having something more at the end of the month and then watching that grow into a larger sum of cash. Most of those that are reading this, thinking that I was born with a silver spoon given all that I have, are I bet heavily in debt and have saved little for life. For me I don't intend to live that way. For me I see the possibilities of making it in this life and now with the downturn in our economy I see the possibility making it in life even easier.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:29 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,734,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I have a Porsche, a small boat, and an old airplane and guess what? I own them all.
And, from your City-Data profile, six kids. I have four and I plan on retiring no earlier than 97 years old - or when my Some-Zhemiers progresses to Alzheimers - whichever comes first.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:48 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,333,368 times
The Porsche cost me less than $5,000 and lots of work. The boat is a sailboat that I restored. The airplane is a Mooney that several friends purchased about 25 years ago. Over time I bought them all out.

Yes we have 6 kids. The biggest reason for not getting into consumer debt. My wife loves Ross and seems to do well their. I for one can not stand sifting thru clothes to get what I want. We also eat cheeply. Lots of beans and rice.

On top of that I work at a hospital, my wife works at the hospital, and we run a business that makes us even more money. Saying that doesn't make us privelidged in any way. I went to school. My wife went to school. Anyone could have started our business. Anyone can do what we are doing now, work in a similar job. It is all about choices.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:57 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,931,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
And, from your City-Data profile, six kids.
Do you know a Mormon who doesn't have at least 6?

Old 02-08-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Do you know a Mormon who doesn't have at least 6?
I'm not superstitious (religious) but I had four kids for tax purposes on my accountant's recommendation.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:52 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,931,898 times
I had four kids because I needed slaves.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:59 AM

7,226 posts, read 22,189,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I had four kids because I needed slaves.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:40 PM

28 posts, read 100,546 times
Default re orange co

I was considering moving to Orange County from North Florida,I have friends and family there, but the more i research the more of a **** hole it sounds like, mainly becuase of the " rich snobbery" I keep hearing about, (Lord knows there are plenty of posers in Florida that like to pretend they are something special) not to mention the traffic congestion and unjustified cost of living. I think ill stick to the east coast. This is a great website BTW for anyone trying to get info on a particular location if you are in the market to move. TX and Alabama are looking better and better....

Old 02-11-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanruns View Post
TX and Alabama are looking better and better....
I read your posts on the Huntsville forum. There are pluses and minuses. Huntsville will give you the jobs and the low cost of living and low stress...and it is great for families But, it won't give you the fun that OC would give a single guy. Seal Beach has Navy govy jobs. Camp Pendleton, Point Mugu in Ventura County too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County