Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 09:32 AM

1,962 posts, read 4,482,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Uhhh... I'm in Fontana.

However, I did live in OC from 1960 to 2004. My dad owned a gas station and a garage, my mom was a homemaker and part-time front office gal for a veterinarian, and I grew up to be a firefighter. My parents lived in the house I grew up in (Capistrano Beach) until they died, which was a 1950s era stucco box, with no A/C and no cable TV, which was surrounded by orange and avocado trees until the mid-nineties.

I'm so rich, so aristocratic, so racist, and so elitist, that I chose to move from South OC to South Fontana, where I'm surrounded by people with brown skin.

Do you have any other stereotypes I can burst like a pin into a pus-filled infected boil?
I'm going to rep you 10!!!!! I like the analogies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 09:34 AM

1,962 posts, read 4,482,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Uhhh... I'm in Fontana.

However, I did live in OC from 1960 to 2004. My dad owned a gas station and a garage, my mom was a homemaker and part-time front office gal for a veterinarian, and I grew up to be a firefighter. My parents lived in the house I grew up in (Capistrano Beach) until they died, which was a 1950s era stucco box, with no A/C and no cable TV, which was surrounded by orange and avocado trees until the mid-nineties.

I'm so rich, so aristocratic, so racist, and so elitist, that I chose to move from South OC to South Fontana, where I'm surrounded by people with brown skin.

Do you have any other stereotypes I can burst like a pin into a pus-filled infected boil?
Sorry, it's not letting me rep you "10". Perhaps people more experienced at repping can guide me?

Old 11-18-2009, 09:41 AM

2,437 posts, read 8,180,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
OC is the most yuppie place in the USA. I cannot stand the attitude and the culture of OC. Rich, pompus, pretentious people masquerading everywhere. An uptight, agro vibe everywhere you go. Truely the most loathsome and selfish specimans of humanity live in this area.
I'm no fan of OC... I lived there for several years and did not care for it at all... BUT do you even know what Yuppie means? It means Young Urban Professional and not necessarily rich, pompous, fake, uptight, agro, loathesome, selfish or anything else you might despise...

OC is too expensive for most young people, even the ones with well-paying 'professional' jobs.

Besides, you're only making enemies by posting such a thing here. Go to a TX or CO forum and you'll find a lot more sympathy from others who have tired of the SoCal attitude.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:19 PM

241 posts, read 267,325 times
I just don't like the plastic people and the mega-churches.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:42 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
I don't care for the OC either but CA Bear is a troll that has been previously banned under his old screenname "FunkyMonk", and he was called out for it in the Denver forum before. Not sure why a mod hasn't caught on yet but whatever.

same style of writing, posts the same crap in the same forums, etc..

//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...nk-102767.html

Why go down this road again when he already has: //www.city-data.com/forum/orang...nts-snobs.html

Seriously though, what is your deal Funkymonk? You have this HUGE chip on your shoulder about SoCal and just society in general. Your posts are so god damn condescending and full of hypocritical BS. You really need to take a look in the mirror b/c much of crap you complain about with other people you exhibit yourself time and time again.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:46 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,078,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Your posts are so god damn condescending and full of hypocritical BS.

TOS VIOLATION. I am very offended by his use of foul language. Moderaters, please do something about this.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:59 PM

^ur offended b/c I called you out and are going to try to have my post deleted like that last time I called you out. Get real....

Also starting a new screen name after you've been banned previously is a violation of the TOS too right? So yes, moderators please do something about it. Again, the hypocrisy is amazing...

Old 11-19-2009, 05:05 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,078,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
^ur offended b/c I called you out and are going to try to have my post deleted like that last time I called you out. Get real....
Spare me your petty internet drama. I don't care about getting "called out" on an internet forum. I couldn't care less. Only an egomaniac would actually care about something like that.

Go play your playground games with someone else kid.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:06 PM

11 posts, read 33,673 times
shucks, i thought about moving there too...how's south LA?

Old 11-19-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
Spare me your petty internet drama. I don't care about getting "called out" on an internet forum. I couldn't care less. Only an egomaniac would actually care about something like that.

Go play your playground games with someone else kid.
haha, "internet drama". Do you not see the irony in you saying that? How many threads do you start that are nothing more than 100% "internet drama"? Again, please take a look in the mirror.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County