Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2009, 05:40 PM

142 posts, read 471,289 times

Advertisements

I recently moved to Aliso Viejo and I must tell everyone what a walkable town this is. The town center has everything from Lowes to a movie theater, tons of restaurants, fastfood, shops, hair salons, CVS etc. A few blocks from the center a very progressive catholic church (for mom) a excellent general practice physician with urgent care, Walmart, Target, parks... ALL IN WALKING DISTANCE!!! Yes its hilly but it cuts my time at the gym lol

I've had a few messages from walkers about where to live so I just wanted to share the info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 11:11 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,205,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDoll View Post
I recently moved to Aliso Viejo and I must tell everyone what a walkable town this is. The town center has everything from Lowes to a movie theater, tons of restaurants, fastfood, shops, hair salons, CVS etc. A few blocks from the center a very progressive catholic church (for mom) a excellent general practice physician with urgent care, Walmart, Target, parks... ALL IN WALKING DISTANCE!!! Yes its hilly but it cuts my time at the gym lol

I've had a few messages from walkers about where to live so I just wanted to share the info.
Thanks! It's good to hear some positive things about OC, specifically Aliso Viejo. Nice to hear about the progressive Catholic church (we are Catholic too). We used to live in OC in the 80's; moved back to our hometown in NE OH in order to raise our children among family members. I am divided between North County Coastal SD and South OC (as far as relocation in the future) - will make a point to visit Aliso Viejo the next time I'm back for business.

Old 12-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Zod

32 posts, read 72,206 times
What does "progressive" Catholic Church mean? No kneelers?

Old 12-06-2009, 02:47 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zod View Post
Modern techniques of brainwashing are used.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Modern techniques of brainwashing are used.
Ahhh... although I myself am not a practioner of an organized religion, my mom is. Accordingly a "progressive" Catholic church is a congregation which is trying to move it's purpose and it's mission forward. Meaning instead of adhering to what alot of people believe are manmade rules (such as priests not being able to marry), they seek to change thses archaic rules, believing that in order for a religion to encompass truth and compassion and help its own they must make positive changes within their system before they can make them to the outside. There is also some talk of the Anglican (sic) Church joined the Roman Catholic Church, which would be very interesting.

I take no offense from people who have faith in an organized religion whether I agree with it or not, I only take offense when someone forces their opinions on to me. So brainwashing would not be something I'd enjoy lol.. Have a good day Charles.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zod View Post
Nope, and no pews eithers, people bring in the chairs and stack them outside when service is over..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County