Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 08:50 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
There is no race war in the OC area. There are still remnants of skinheads from decades ago(central/western/north county areas), asian and mexican gangs(central, older south areas), and white gangs(new south OC), but there is no turf war or hate war between them as they are pretty much insulated from each other. Gang issues in OC are generally between rivals of the same ethnic groups, particularly mexican and vietnamese.
There are gangs in OC that promote "race wars", in particular the Aryan Brotherhood and the PEN1. Both are out and about and are very real. So much so they are on the U.S Gov terrorist watch list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32E-u...eature=related
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 08:59 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksouthbay88 View Post
Just a little curious but is there a little Race War between Whites and Mexicans in Orange County?LA kind of has a small but visible Race War between the Blacks and the Mexicans,mostly around South LA that has made it to local news the last couple of years which has sparked up countless fights and a great number of shootings.I wouldn't expect a Race War leading to physical violence in Orange County.I was up in Orange County about 12-15 times this past summer and maybe all but 5 times I have seen or heard a little turbulence between the two races.Is this going on in Orange County?I could be wrong.
Well, when I follow the trail to any "race wars" I always end up at the footsteps of a gang or a prison.

So what I'm saying is, if there is any racial tension, I find that it originates from the gang/prison culture. Outside of that I don't see any issues.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:24 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,764,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
There are gangs in OC that promote "race wars", in particular the Aryan Brotherhood and the PEN1. Both are out and about and are very real. So much so they are on the U.S Gov terrorist watch list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32E-u...eature=related
Like I said, the skinheads exist, but they have little to no power/voice/anything here. I'd consider their threat level as negligible, and I'm saying that as one from a Jewish background.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,612 times
Really? I can't believe anyone even asks this question.
It's per individual, not a whole race. There are uneducated people everywhere but
no one is having a "race war" come on. Really?

Old 02-23-2011, 03:36 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,372,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnea Urania Stuart View Post
It's not an opinion where people try to run you down with their automobiles or get into your face like a Latino stranger did to me yesterday, saying, "You can't be a white girl in Santa Ana!" That is clearly a threat.

You don't need a majority of people to effect any kind of a race war, whether it be a hot war or a cold one.
Wow !

Old 02-24-2011, 01:07 PM

795 posts, read 1,585,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercedes-Benz View Post
What happens is there are a lot of caucasians who secretly despise minorities. They will find the moment of opportunity to find fault with them. Even if it's something they would shrug off if the other person were caucasian. For example in the 99 cent store a Japanese lady was pushing her shopping cart and brushed up against an older caucasian man and his wife. He turned and said "sorry was I in your way; dipsh*t". But if the lady who bumped into him were caucasian. He would have turned to look at her and then said nothing and would have simply shrugged it off.
How do you know that? Did you see any caucasian ladies bump into him? Thats a very racist assumption youre making there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County