Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-04-2011, 03:30 AM
 
590 posts, read 1,252,581 times
Reputation: 175

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
It is always cold in the mornings in OC. Even though it's Socal and all; I have to walk to my car at 7:50 AM in the morning and it can be 45 second - 1 min walk depending where I am parked and it is freezing cold. I hate it. I always have to turn the heater on when I drive to work. Sure it's better during lunch time but it's still cold in the mornings.

I can't wait to get out of this place and move to L.A. I realize it will be cold i the mornings in L.A too but at least it will be L.A. I hate O.C.

freezing cold???? I doubt you will be happy anyplace anyday anywhere...

yeah..."glamour" in Hollywood?? LOL..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-04-2011, 03:55 AM
 
7,492 posts, read 11,864,056 times
Reputation: 7394
I can understand; the weather in SoCal is not always the way it's portrayed in the movies. I'll never forget when I went out there in December 2004 and I was wearing long sleeves most of the time. In the sun it was sort of warm but in the shade it was cool. I was however playing in surf on Christmas Day when abruptly the breeze picked up and it was freezing lol. It's still pretty nice though compared to some parts of the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2011, 04:03 AM
 
590 posts, read 1,252,581 times
Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I can understand; the weather in SoCal is not always the way it's portrayed in the movies. I'll never forget when I went out there in December 2004 and I was wearing long sleeves most of the time. In the sun it was sort of warm but in the shade it was cool. I was however playing in surf on Christmas Day when abruptly the breeze picked up and it was freezing lol. It's still pretty nice though compared to some parts of the country.

I arrived from New York on Dec 1st..it was 90 at the beach...that C Day I was in the pool...

yep...it can be chilly in the shade...but cold?? not in my definition..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2011, 07:18 AM
 
64 posts, read 130,510 times
Reputation: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcousert View Post
Nice!

Is there any place on Earth where, except for very rare occasions, the temperature ranges from the mid to high 60's F to the mid 80's? What most people would consider shirt-sleeve weather, or "Goldie Locks" weather - not too cold, not too hot....
Martinique
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2011, 09:44 AM
 
166 posts, read 381,473 times
Reputation: 72
** note to self: goggle Martinique real estate ** ** Hmmm, how is the internet service there? Will employer allow me to tele-commute why he freezes his bum off in the states? **
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2011, 12:49 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
6 posts, read 8,270 times
Reputation: 13
It's ideal for those who want predictable weather. If you like extreme seasons...well there are other states that have them. Lesson here perfection is in the eye of the beholder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2011, 03:21 PM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,164 posts, read 27,305,184 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
The OP has a very valid point here. I know that some of you love and enjoy the weather in S. CA. The thing is I used to really like the dry, sunny conditions when I was younger. I really liked the weather/climate here until I was in my early 20s. In fact, I always thought that if I were to move away from here I'd want to live in a place that was sunny most of the time. That was then.

Fast forward to today: I am in my early 30s and I find that although this area of the country has its good weather moments, it is not enough. We hardly get any precipitation around here and when we do, I am so looking forward to it. While so many complain and freak out whenever they hear that it is going to rain. I can't understand these people. It is too dry out here and these dry conditions lead to droughts and brush fires. These fires spread fire, smoke and ash which pollutes the air. That is not good for anyone's health. Our summers would be better if we had afternoon thunderstorms like in Texas But then the humidity level would go up. Well, no place is perfect. But the dryness out here isn't ideal either.

I would give the rating of the weather and climate in most of S. CA a grade of C if I had to use the A-F scale. It is not ideal and great and it is also not the worst. People have their own preferences as to the kind of weather they prefer. But on the other hand, you can't ignore the facts. Too much dryness is never ever ideal. People need to stop looking at LA and Orange County and thinking of it as a paradise, that's all I'm saying.
A lot of people think LA/OC and San Diego is the same climate as Miami, which is isn't. It's much further north than Miami, and more of a "Mediterranean climate". But it is quite nice most of the year. One think I noticed was that on days in the winter when the high might be 60 degrees, I was really cold and wore a jacket. But if someone came to visit in winter from a cold part of the country, they thought it was warm. I think your body adjusts to whatever climate you're in. Now I'm in Denver and although I don't care for winter, it's similarly dry and sunny, and 45 and sunny in January doesn't feel so bad. But mostly I like summer in Denver because it's very similar to central OC weather. Dry, perfect humidity levels, warm to hot in the afternoon, and then it cools down nicely at night. You can live outdoors here all summer, similar to SoCal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2011, 02:58 AM
 
2,409 posts, read 3,048,270 times
Reputation: 2033
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
A lot of people think LA/OC and San Diego is the same climate as Miami, which is isn't. It's much further north than Miami, and more of a "Mediterranean climate". But it is quite nice most of the year. One think I noticed was that on days in the winter when the high might be 60 degrees, I was really cold and wore a jacket. But if someone came to visit in winter from a cold part of the country, they thought it was warm. I think your body adjusts to whatever climate you're in. Now I'm in Denver and although I don't care for winter, it's similarly dry and sunny, and 45 and sunny in January doesn't feel so bad. But mostly I like summer in Denver because it's very similar to central OC weather. Dry, perfect humidity levels, warm to hot in the afternoon, and then it cools down nicely at night. You can live outdoors here all summer, similar to SoCal.

Having lived in Colorado for 7 years it is one bone dry state. That is the thing I hate most about Colorado. It is way too dry. OC is nice because you get the nice cool ocean breeze hence it never feels hot. My skin, my nostrils, my hair always feels so dry in CO. I used to get nosebleeds all the time in CO. from the dryness. Been here in OC for 3 years and haven't suffered one yet. Colorado is a very pretty state with much to offer.....but people talk about SoCal being a desert....HELLO you have a huge body of water right there. Where is water in Denver? Lake Chatfield? LOL......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2011, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,164 posts, read 27,305,184 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Having lived in Colorado for 7 years it is one bone dry state. That is the thing I hate most about Colorado. It is way too dry. OC is nice because you get the nice cool ocean breeze hence it never feels hot. My skin, my nostrils, my hair always feels so dry in CO. I used to get nosebleeds all the time in CO. from the dryness. Been here in OC for 3 years and haven't suffered one yet. Colorado is a very pretty state with much to offer.....but people talk about SoCal being a desert....HELLO you have a huge body of water right there. Where is water in Denver? Lake Chatfield? LOL......
Well, I really don't care if there's water nearby. I've been to the beach plenty in my life, so it's nothing special. I find the winter dryness to be too dry in Denver, so we run humidifiers in our house. Summer humidity feels fine to me in Denver and I don't feel dry. OC is way too dry when the Santa Ana's blow, but that's not all the time. But OC and SoCal is much drier than anywhere east of Colorado. I believe it's due to the cool ocean temperatures that the humidity isn't that sticky, oppressive humidty of the South, Midwest, NE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2011, 05:46 PM
 
Location: Placentia, Orange County, CA
199 posts, read 620,234 times
Reputation: 116
I've been living in Chicago for the past 25 years after living in OC for 10. I can't see people whining about the weather in SoCal. It's a paradise compared to Chi-town. Chicago weather is dreadful for most of the year. We haven't seen 75 degrees since last October! The winters are miserable, spring tries to destroy things with its violent thunderstorms and flooding rains. Do you 'whiners' know what 3 feet of floodwater in a basement is like? I've been through it twice and finally had to bite the bullet and install over $10,000 worth of flood control just for the stupid basement. I've had it here. I'd rather live in a empty refrigerator box under the Santa Ana Freeway than to spend the rest of my days here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top