Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2011, 09:46 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,988,450 times

Advertisements

Yep, it is out here as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 09:49 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,838,468 times
Free water.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:04 PM

483 posts, read 1,560,914 times
LOL @ the people who use the words "freezing" to describe OC. Did they grow up in Honolulu? There is no place in the US with a paradise-like weather, but OC and SD are the closest you'll find. They don't get too hot in summer, and there are plenty of 65-75F days in winter.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:44 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,698,150 times
If you have noticed carefully, the weather in S. CA may be sunny most of the time but the temperatures fluctuate. Today it is now 58 degrees as I type this. By the end of next week in Glendale, temperatures will go into the 80s. So from the end of this week it will go from the high 50s all the way into the mid 80s in less than a week. That is a significant fluctuation. This is one of the things that makes this part of the country kind of strange IMO. Not bad, just strange.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:16 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,838,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
If you have noticed carefully, the weather in S. CA may be sunny most of the time but the temperatures fluctuate. Today it is now 58 degrees as I type this. By the end of next week in Glendale, temperatures will go into the 80s. So from the end of this week it will go from the high 50s all the way into the mid 80s in less than a week. That is a significant fluctuation. This is one of the things that makes this part of the country kind of strange IMO. Not bad, just strange.
You need to check out Colorado Springs. Summer afternoons go from 85F to 58F in 30 minutes when monster thunderstorms dumping inches of hail move in.

Also there's a saying about that area: April shower bring May blizzards.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:51 PM

140 posts, read 677,568 times
It seems like a lot of transplants believe that you don't need AC in OC. Unless you are within a mile of the ocean, you need AC. The further away you go the hotter the summers become. You can roast in OC on the summer with temps soaring above 100.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:32 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,698,150 times
I know this is an old thread but I still think that the OP is so right. Southern California weather isn't paradise. At least to me it isn't. The weather sometimes annoys me because it can warm up really quickly in a month where the weather is supposed to be cool or "cold". Also, what a lot of people don't realize is that it could be in the upper 70s or low 80s during the day and then drop all the way down to the 50s or even high 40s! That is a very big drop in degrees. I don't think that our weather is that predictable because it can change faster than you think. With the shortened hours in winter this change is even more obvious. With less daylight hours the transition to cool to warm back down to cool is even less time. Southern CA has two seasons: the wet or somewhat rainy season and a LONG dry season. Paradise? No way. Predictable weather? It depends what you compare it to. If you compare our weather to Colorado or some other states then it may seem predictable. We can have 85 or 90 degrees as early as March or it could be cooler. You just never know. I rate S.CA weather no higher than a C or C- which means no better than average at this point. My mind could change someday but for now that's how I think.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:41 PM

347 posts, read 667,743 times
I think the weather in southern california is best said by this song:
Coldplay - Paradise (Official) - YouTube

Its paradise! Its going to be 80 degrees out for New Year. Im going to the beach.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:51 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,141,989 times
On a late summer day, the high could get to 90, but it might only stay that high for a bit, then as early as 3:30 pm, the marine layer rolls in and then I have to put on a sweater, when just a few hours before, I was sweating.
I never seem to get used to May Gray and June Gloom. I remember a few years ago, we even had a gloomy July, and I felt like summer wasn't gonna come. But I like August and Sept. here best.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:25 PM

590 posts, read 1,250,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSecondHalf View Post
It seems like a lot of transplants believe that you don't need AC in OC. Unless you are within a mile of the ocean, you need AC. The further away you go the hotter the summers become. You can roast in OC on the summer with temps soaring above 100.

not very often...best part is that our nights cool down...once it gets dark I turn off the a/c...open windows and put fans in them to bring in the cool night area...btw..I live at least 15 miles from the ocean...

when we worked the a/c was off all day...or maybe set at 80..once we got home we could cool down in an hour or so..

now at our desert homes...much different story...which is why we do not go out there in summer..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County