Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 08:26 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,182,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW R1100 View Post
Not looking forward to TX weather after a lifetime in SoCal, but whattaya gonna do? Suck it up.
I moved to Az and now Idaho after living in So cal my whole life. I was ready to change my life and knew experiencing seasons would be part of that. Summer in Arizona wasn’t easy but not as bad as I expected. Az is very well adapted to dealing with extreme heat. Now in Idaho I experienced living in snow and cold temps and now it’s warming up for spring. So far I love the weather extremes. It’s a lot more fun then boring Mediterranean climates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2021, 08:37 AM

14,312 posts, read 11,702,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I moved to Az and now Idaho after living in So cal my whole life. I was ready to change my life and knew experiencing seasons would be part of that. Summer in Arizona wasn’t easy but not as bad as I expected. Az is very well adapted to dealing with extreme heat. Now in Idaho I experienced living in snow and cold temps and now it’s warming up for spring. So far I love the weather extremes. It’s a lot more fun than boring Mediterranean climates.
There are no boring climates, only boring people.

Old 03-17-2021, 08:46 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,182,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
That’s your opinion.....I disagree

Old 03-17-2021, 09:46 AM

2,209 posts, read 1,783,641 times
Quote:
Humm, maybe boring people live in boring climates. Wait where so I live? Not far from OC.

Old 03-17-2021, 10:42 AM

14,312 posts, read 11,702,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
That’s your opinion.....I disagree
That's fine; I disagree that a Mediterranean climate is boring. But you see how it comes across when someone presents their opinion as fact.

By the way...considering the length of time you've lived in Idaho, it seems a bit premature to claim "experience" with snowy winters. Any weather can seem fun and novel for a month.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:33 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times
I think LA weather is great compared to most of the US, but there’s nowhere that’s more overrated than LA for weather. Most of the cities around LA County, the weather is mediocre not paradise. Just look at it now - it was 61 in LA yesterday, that’s terrible! Spring in LA is way too cold, it sucks compared to here in Las Vegas, it’s constantly cold, often rains, and “June gloom” is more like 3 months of miserable clouds as it takes forever for it to warm up in LA. By far the best time is mid to late fall in LA where it’s often amazing weather. But places like Newport Beach are among the worst weather in the entire US - it’s cold all year long. It’ll literally be 65 in the middle of summer. Just a miserable, miserable place. There are zero days of swimming weather at all. Obviously a lot of people really like boring 70 degree weather, but for me it’s very simple - it’s either swimming weather or it’s not swimming weather, and I want as much swimming weather as I can get. If I wanted 72 degrees, I’d stay inside! LA overall was just way too cold for me. I felt like every year I’d wait for it to finally get nice and then it’s July, there was far too much rain.

Compared to most miserable states LA weather is great, but could anything be more overrated?! From what people act like it’s 85 degrees every single day year around and never rains. In actual reality it rains a lot in the spring, it rains in the winter, it’s rarely warm outside just sort of pleasant enough for walking around, and too many days are flat out cold when it should already be warm, like April and May. Nobody pretends Montana has great weather, for instance, everyone pretends LA does which is what makes it the most overrated place in the US for weather.

Old 04-22-2021, 08:34 PM

2,918 posts, read 2,008,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I think LA weather is great compared to most of the US, but there’s nowhere that’s more overrated than LA for weather. Most of the cities around LA County, the weather is mediocre not paradise. Just look at it now - it was 61 in LA yesterday, that’s terrible! Spring in LA is way too cold, it sucks compared to here in Las Vegas, it’s constantly cold, often rains, and “June gloom” is more like 3 months of miserable clouds as it takes forever for it to warm up in LA. By far the best time is mid to late fall in LA where it’s often amazing weather. But places like Newport Beach are among the worst weather in the entire US - it’s cold all year long. It’ll literally be 65 in the middle of summer. Just a miserable, miserable place. There are zero days of swimming weather at all. Obviously a lot of people really like boring 70 degree weather, but for me it’s very simple - it’s either swimming weather or it’s not swimming weather, and I want as much swimming weather as I can get. If I wanted 72 degrees, I’d stay inside! LA overall was just way too cold for me. I felt like every year I’d wait for it to finally get nice and then it’s July, there was far too much rain.

Compared to most miserable states LA weather is great, but could anything be more overrated?! From what people act like it’s 85 degrees every single day year around and never rains. In actual reality it rains a lot in the spring, it rains in the winter, it’s rarely warm outside just sort of pleasant enough for walking around, and too many days are flat out cold when it should already be warm, like April and May. Nobody pretends Montana has great weather, for instance, everyone pretends LA does which is what makes it the most overrated place in the US for weather.
Ha. Rocky mountain ppl love bragging about their weather. "Yeah it's cold, but it's a dry cold" "four seasons, baby" "technically, where I'm at is 8.75 percent sunnier than San Diego in the winter, aren't I so lucky" "the cold isnt bad, just layer up" "our Snow rarely sticks" they'll swear up and down that it's just as good as California weather, too. I've lived next to the rockies (4700-5000 feet) before, it's not nicer than socal, not close. It's not terrible up there, but it's not as nice as made out to be. If anything, the rockies has more overrated weather than socal

Last edited by dontbelievehim; 04-22-2021 at 08:42 PM..

Old 04-23-2021, 12:30 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times
Huh, yeah I haven’t heard that as much but I agree with you! Forget that. One of my friends moved from Orlando to Denver to be closer to family but I wouldn’t have made that move, much worse weather I don’t care if it’s clear. It’s freezing! And when it snows, it snows. It can happen even in September! It’s nuts. I don’t care for the cold at all, I’m very heat tolerant. I like really warm nights.

One thing that does make LA weather amazing is there’s no such thing as any month where it can’t be nice. It could be 81 in January, which is ridiculous and awesome. It cannot ever be 81 in January in most places, it’s impossible. So that idea that it could be super nice any given day is pretty amazing.

Four seasons are stupid and completely overrated, I want the best weather all of the time. Why would you ever not want it nice? I don’t get that. I’d take year around summer if possible. Also most of the places where people brag about four seasons don’t even have that many. In some places it’s like snow or nice weather, that’s 2 seasons. In Portland where I grew up it’s 2 seasons - about 42 weeks of rain, clouds, and depression and a tiny little 10 week summer that might be impossible to enjoy because of wildfires. In no way do those people have ANY right to talk about 4 seasons when it hardly ever snows in Portland, it’s just rain for 9-10 months of the year. That’s barely even 2 seasons.

Old 04-23-2021, 11:36 AM

2,209 posts, read 1,783,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Huh, yeah I haven’t heard that as much but I agree with you! Forget that. One of my friends moved from Orlando to Denver to be closer to family but I wouldn’t have made that move, much worse weather I don’t care if it’s clear. It’s freezing! And when it snows, it snows. It can happen even in September! It’s nuts. I don’t care for the cold at all, I’m very heat tolerant. I like really warm nights.

One thing that does make LA weather amazing is there’s no such thing as any month where it can’t be nice. It could be 81 in January, which is ridiculous and awesome. It cannot ever be 81 in January in most places, it’s impossible. So that idea that it could be super nice any given day is pretty amazing.

Four seasons are stupid and completely overrated, I want the best weather all of the time. Why would you ever not want it nice? I don’t get that. I’d take year around summer if possible. Also most of the places where people brag about four seasons don’t even have that many. In some places it’s like snow or nice weather, that’s 2 seasons. In Portland where I grew up it’s 2 seasons - about 42 weeks of rain, clouds, and depression and a tiny little 10 week summer that might be impossible to enjoy because of wildfires. In no way do those people have ANY right to talk about 4 seasons when it hardly ever snows in Portland, it’s just rain for 9-10 months of the year. That’s barely even 2 seasons.
Move to Hawaii

Old 04-24-2021, 01:24 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,301,369 times
Quote:
Are there boring topics? Asking for a friend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County