Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 01:06 AM

14 posts, read 62,514 times

Advertisements

OK!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 11:17 AM

2 posts, read 8,824 times
Maybe I should start with the fact that yes Santa Ana has really changed its demigraphics in the last 20 yrs. Maybe it was because of its political factions but it still has its good qualities. There has been a large Hispanic population growing in SA but they are contributing a lot of tax dollars to this city. Lets not forget that. But they in fact have actually raised the bar when they move into certain areas that were "blighted" and turned it into a lovely, liveable area. I have seen SA change drastically it has a huge transportation center and very large upscale high end shopping malls. I must say that I moved back east in 1970 and when I returned in 1985. I was shocked when I returned. Yes I must state it was quite a culture shock. when I left we barely had a bus system and the cultural image had changed dramaticly. I was definely amazed. Now SA has a hugh mass transit absolutely the best in the state. The bottom line is that a person has to move then return a over a decade later to really get the whole impact of the whole cultural impact that has happened. Whether all the changes are for the best we will never know.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:39 PM

49 posts, read 114,001 times
Coldjensens said: "Just out of curiosity, how do you know that they are latinos who are immigrating to CA and not Latinos who have lived here for decades? I cannot tell the from a casual conversation difference since some immigrants and even second or third generations refuse to assimilate. Do you ask them?"

That is what has been told to me by other Latinos I know well. The johns generally don't go outside their vehicles and it would be preposterous for me to stop and talk to them at their cars like anyone who actually is hooking. Sorry. I'm not taking the dare.

But if that seems presumptuous, it's even more so to say that they all come from Irvine like you did.

The statistics concerning crime in Santa Ana are meaningless here because johns generally don't get caught in their solicitations. Lack of statistics don't mean there isn't a problem. But it sounds like your family and coworkers have the good sense to avoid walking alone. I, on the other hand, have no such luxury.

No, I am not going to talk about my "good looks" in a forum.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:58 PM

2 posts, read 5,742 times
I live in Santa Ana and let me tell you, the prostitution problem is seriously on the rise in my neighborhood (Harbor Blvd and 22 frwy) It is awful! Every morning my husband gets up and cleans up all the dirty condoms the prostitutes or the "johns" throw out the window and leave in our cul-de-sac. Our children like to play in the circle with the neighbor kids but we wont let them until we are 100% sure there are no condoms left over. How awful is that?! We are constantly calling the police and trying to chase them out of here but it doesn't seem to stop the problem. We have contacted the Mayor and our council member for our area and still haven't had any help. My neighbors are moving because of this problem. You can tell which women cruising the streets are prostitutes vs a woman walking to the bus stop or store. We are becoming pro-active and attending city council meetings and trying to put a stop to this. Luckily, the police are more than willing to help (when they are allowed due to budget cuts)

Old 05-27-2010, 08:14 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,446,365 times
Father of the year material right here:

SANTA ANA – A 41-year-old Santa Ana gang member was arrested after he led police on a short pursuit while he had a child in the back seat and a loaded weapon, police said.

Police: Gang member leads detectives on a short pursuit | detectives, police, bertagna - News - The Orange County Register

Old 05-28-2010, 11:25 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,084,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoprinczz View Post
I live in Santa Ana and let me tell you, the prostitution problem is seriously on the rise in my neighborhood (Harbor Blvd and 22 frwy) It is awful! Every morning my husband gets up and cleans up all the dirty condoms the prostitutes or the "johns" throw out the window and leave in our cul-de-sac. Our children like to play in the circle with the neighbor kids but we wont let them until we are 100% sure there are no condoms left over. How awful is that?! We are constantly calling the police and trying to chase them out of here but it doesn't seem to stop the problem. We have contacted the Mayor and our council member for our area and still haven't had any help. My neighbors are moving because of this problem. You can tell which women cruising the streets are prostitutes vs a woman walking to the bus stop or store. We are becoming pro-active and attending city council meetings and trying to put a stop to this. Luckily, the police are more than willing to help (when they are allowed due to budget cuts)
Well, whenever anyone jokes about being a prostitute they always say that they are going to walk Harbor. The fact that you have a prostitution problem is no surprise to me.

Old 05-29-2010, 03:11 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,959,362 times
Does Santa Ana have any "upscale" areas? What is the most "upscale" areas in Santa Ana? Or is it all ghetto and run-down?

For example, Anaheim is mixed, some is ghetto and run-down, but Anaheim Hills is nice and there are other areas in Anaheim that are nice and have close to million dollar homes....

Old 05-29-2010, 03:28 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,446,365 times
Santa Ana has some nice pockets off Santa Clara Ave. The only problem once you drive of out your tract, you're still in Santa Ana. There's also some very expensive areas off Newport Ave that carry a Santa Ana address but are actually unincorporated OC.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:58 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,959,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Santa Ana has some nice pockets off Santa Clara Ave. The only problem once you drive of out your tract, you're still in Santa Ana. There's also some very expensive areas off Newport Ave that carry a Santa Ana address but are actually unincorporated OC.
Thanks...

Old 05-29-2010, 05:14 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
Does Santa Ana have any "upscale" areas? Or is it all ghetto and run-down?
• Floral Park
• No
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County