Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 10:22 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,522,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
This quote can only be from yet another south county resident who has never really spent any time in Santa Ana but wants to spew rumors based on conditions that existed in some parts of Santa Ana 20 years ago with no real knowlege of the city at all.

I've lived my entire life within 3 miles of the Santa Ana border and travel to/through it frequently. When I read a headline about someone getting shot in OC, 9 times out of 10 its Santa Ana. Its a dump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 11:47 AM

434 posts, read 851,637 times
The water tower by 17th and I-5 used to have the city's motto painted on it in big letters. Anyone remember what it was?

"The All American City"

They changed it to something else years ago. Interesting that my neighbor across the street in Floral Park has lived in Santa Ana since the 1940's. He says it really was the All American City back then. Now he is sick to his stomach to see what has happened.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by native56 View Post
The water tower by 17th and I-5 used to have the city's motto painted on it in big letters. Anyone remember what it was?

"The All American City"

They changed it to something else years ago. Interesting that my neighbor across the street in Floral Park has lived in Santa Ana since the 1940's. He says it really was the All American City back then. Now he is sick to his stomach to see what has happened.
My dad grew up in Santa Ana in the 50's. He and his friends shake their heads at what's become of it.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:08 PM

30,707 posts, read 80,060,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by native56 View Post

"The All American City"

Fairly recently it said "Education First" But since eveyone was making jokes about that, I think that they changed it again. I remember when they were asking for suggestions mine was "It is not as bad as you think"

Not well received I am afraid.

Old 10-21-2010, 04:08 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,956,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Fairly recently it said "Education First" But since eveyone was making jokes about that, I think that they changed it again. I remember when they were asking for suggestions mine was "It is not as bad as you think"

Not well received I am afraid.
LOL, that's a good one!

but I think it still does say "Education First"

Old 10-21-2010, 04:10 PM

I love the road construction signs that say "Santa Ana: A Sign of Things to Come"

Yeah, tell me about it.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:21 AM

2,352 posts, read 5,262,430 times
You know the area near the metrolink station looks somewhat hip. Are those condos, apartments?

Old 10-22-2010, 07:45 AM

30,707 posts, read 80,060,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
You know the area near the metrolink station looks somewhat hip. Are those condos, apartments?
They are trying to create a "Hip" area there. They are lofts I think . I think that means that you can have a shop downstairs and living quarters upstairs. They were supposed to be like the artists lofts in the artists villiage. I am not sure how they ended up, I have not been in them. If they fill them, it might be a neat place to be. A bit noisey perhaps. Keep your stereo turned up loud at all times. Great freeway access and train access. Not a bad walk to most of downtown if you are a strong walker.

There is nothing much in the immediate area, you would want to be sure that they are going to put something worthwile in the area. The only thing really close is the snack bar at the train station. Otherwise it is mostly an industrial area. They did not build a lot of residences along the railroad tracks.

They did have some nice plans for that area. I do not know what has become of those plans. They probably ran out of money.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:53 AM

1,302 posts, read 2,956,453 times
I'd love for Santa Ana to have a "hip" area like the planners envisioned, but realistically, that's like putting the cart before the horse. Something like that has to be created in a more "natural" process (hipsters seeking cheap housing), but leave it to OC to try to manufacture their desired result

I wonder what's going to become of One Broadway Plaza.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:05 AM

This guy was looking for a hip place to hang out instead of boring Irvine.

Man shot, killed during robbery | chung, colon, call - News - The Orange County Register
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County