Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-26-2009, 01:56 PM
 
3,875 posts, read 3,869,481 times
Reputation: 2527

Advertisements

Has anyone noticed the reports in the Orange County Register (local newspaper) specifically local news under Santa Ana.The ridiculous street crimes commited there?It seems to me that when you have a city declare itself a Sanctuary City it means a sanctuary for Rapists,murderers,gang banging,graffiti and other crimes.When you decide to selectively ignore laws it is a breeding ground for crime.Just lately there have been stories of people beng robbed,assaulted,raped and bitten(yes bitten,WTF?).It's gotten to the point where the paper avoids publishing pictures,last names in an attempt to conceal the ethnicities of the perps.Most of the readers alredy have it figured out.The mayor of this city has got to go!!!Nobody regardless of where they come from should have to live with this BS on a daily basis.Most of us that have been through or in Santa Ana over the years have seen it's steep decline.It's becoming more and more like blighted ares of LA or TJ Norte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-26-2009, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Arvada, CO
13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Reputation: 14429
And your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2009, 02:15 PM
 
3,875 posts, read 3,869,481 times
Reputation: 2527
This is what happens when politicians pander to certain groups instead of trying to better the lives of it's citizens.It paints an accurate picture of what daily life is like there,the leaders of this city need to improve it's present situation .Just drive through Santa Ana from one end to the other and see for yourself.Sometimes being politically correct is not correct at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2009, 02:37 PM
 
Location: Arvada, CO
13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Reputation: 14429
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
This is what happens when politicians pander to certain groups instead of trying to better the lives of it's citizens.It paints an accurate picture of what daily life is like there,the leaders of this city need to improve it's present situation .Just drive through Santa Ana from one end to the other and see for yourself.Sometimes being politically correct is not correct at all.
Santa Ana has been roughly the same for the past 20 years.

Santa Ana has been a town full of Latinos, it's really hard for city leaders to pander to a majority population. It's not the city's job to better the lives of its residents. If someone is living in Santa Ana, they are likely doing it by choice, it might not be what you want, but it likely works for some people.

I know what SA looks like, but there's more to it than Bristol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2009, 05:18 PM
 
233 posts, read 743,825 times
Reputation: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Has anyone noticed the reports in the Orange County Register (local newspaper) specifically local news under Santa Ana.The ridiculous street crimes commited there?It seems to me that when you have a city declare itself a Sanctuary City it means a sanctuary for Rapists,murderers,gang banging,graffiti and other crimes.When you decide to selectively ignore laws it is a breeding ground for crime.Just lately there have been stories of people beng robbed,assaulted,raped and bitten(yes bitten,WTF?).It's gotten to the point where the paper avoids publishing pictures,last names in an attempt to conceal the ethnicities of the perps.Most of the readers alredy have it figured out.The mayor of this city has got to go!!!Nobody regardless of where they come from should have to live with this BS on a daily basis.Most of us that have been through or in Santa Ana over the years have seen it's steep decline.It's becoming more and more like blighted ares of LA or TJ Norte.
I did not know this was going on. Pictures do not have to be published for a number of different reasons. If they are only going to publish the first name of the suspect then I think that would be odd. Can you post a link of an article of what you described above (bolded type).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2009, 06:33 PM
 
3,875 posts, read 3,869,481 times
Reputation: 2527
Just go to www.ocregister.com , then local news,then search for the city Santa Ana .They're not even printing first names,what shoddy journalism.This kind of stuff goes on there all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2009, 09:24 PM
 
233 posts, read 743,825 times
Reputation: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Just go to www.ocregister.com , then local news,then search for the city Santa Ana .They're not even printing first names,what shoddy journalism.This kind of stuff goes on there all the time.
The following three attempted murders/murders in Irvine, Santa Ana and Costa Mesa all list the murder's first and last name.

Readers: Samurai sword murder is Irvine's strangest crime | samurai, irvine, sword - News - The Orange County Register

'Most Wanted' fugitive gets life without parole | gang, secundino, street - News - The Orange County Register

Costa Mesa man arrested on suspicion of stabbing during an argument | police, medelez, mesa - News - The Orange County Register

Please post some links that prove otherwise or you can always just state what your real agenda is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2009, 10:04 PM
 
3,875 posts, read 3,869,481 times
Reputation: 2527
Search yourself 12/25/09 Man Bitten by attackers and Robbers take $200 by knifepoint, 12/24 /09 Search for 13 year old & 20 year old boyfriend. No need to go all the way back to Sept. like you did.What's your agenda? Maybe you should ask the OC Register that question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2009, 02:08 AM
 
233 posts, read 743,825 times
Reputation: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Search yourself 12/25/09 Man Bitten by attackers and Robbers take $200 by knifepoint, 12/24 /09 Search for 13 year old & 20 year old boyfriend. No need to go all the way back to Sept. like you did.What's your agenda? Maybe you should ask the OC Register that question.
Robbers take $200 at knifepoint


A man in his 50s was robbed at knifepoint while drinking a cup of coffee in a Santa Ana park on Christmas (http://topics.ocregister.com/topic/Christmas - broken link) morning.
The man had just gotten a hot cup of coffee from a 711 on 1st street and Harbor Blvd, and sat down on a park bench at Santa Nita Park when he was approached by two men, believed to be in their 20s, according to police.

One of the suspects pulled out a knife, while the other pulled $200 in cash out of the victim's pocket.
The men fled eastbound from the park, according to Santa Ana Police Commander Jeff Owens.
Man robbed at knifepoint for $200 | park, santa, police - News - The Orange County Register

Maybe the reason why they won't give out the first and last names is because this is still an ongoing investigation? Giving out the names would compromise the investigation, that's even if they have their names in the first place. Maybe they aren't certain on their ethnicity either. How do expect them to have pictures when they don't even have a good description of the suspects? Don't assume that because it took place in Santa Ana, that they are latino.

This goes for the other examples you posted as well. Looks like your just looking to pick on either Santa Ana or latinos. We already know Santa Ana has its share of crime and other problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2009, 05:11 AM
 
Location: Declezville, CA
16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
Reputation: 17694
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Just go to www.ocregister.com , then local news,then search for the city Santa Ana .
Translation: I have nothing to back up what I'm complaining about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top