U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 05:51 PM

3,440 posts, read 7,798,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
People who can't afford to live in Newport are the ones giving you opinons..I lived there off and on, and heard the same ridiculous comments..The same type of people call Boulder and Aspen bad places to live in Colorado because they are jeolous and know they will never have a shot at ever living in those places themselves..take it for what its worth.. Newport Peninsula ..very nice, but just like the state of Californionia ..it's in slow decline..Newport Coast/Pelican Hill , /Lido Isle, Corona Del Mar,Newport Heights,Back Bay are all experiencing depreciation
Exactly.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 04:54 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,267,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
We're not talking days though where they have to airlift food in or anything. I still wouldn't consider it as a factor in choosing where to live around there.
I consider ALL factors.....I've been through 2 very bad fires and had embers coming down in my yard during one of them. The Laguna Canyon area was closed many times that following winter...(with Newport Coast being in the infant stages)...we had a lot of rain and a lot of flooding...having a 4wd paid off as far as getting my toddler out of harm's way...evacuations are not fun.....

Does it happen all the time? Of course not! But when one plants onself in an area where there aren't a lot of escape routes, well, you just need to go through what I did and then you consider more than the ocean view....

Also, if I were to move to the Crystal Cove/Newport Coast area, I think I'd make sure to get an independant geological evaluation, too.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:18 PM

5 posts, read 25,409 times
Two words: Balboa Island.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County