Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 02:53 PM

3 posts, read 9,346 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Macon, Georgia and am considering moving to California to be with my boyfriend. I love him and want to be with him, but I'm scared to death of moving that far away. I am a country girl at heart and don't really like the idea of being in a big city. He lives in Lake Forest and commutes every day to Rancho Cucamaunga (sp?) Is there any cities near there that would be similar at all to living in "the country"? I don't mean with horses and cows and all that, just more trees and more of a laid back type atmosphere. Preferably closer to his work than where he currently lives. Also, can you recommend any churches near there as well? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 07:13 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,438,053 times
He works really far away from where he lives then. That's at least an hour and a half commute. I recommend you also post this in the general thread also, because some of us in the Orange County forum aren't experts on the Inland Empire and San Bernardino County. I can't tell you what is a good area or bad area of Rancho Cucamaunga or anything about the churches, but I can tell you about Lake Forest since I live in the city of Mission Viejo next door. A good in between area from Rancho and Lake Forest is Chino Hills. This is one of the nicer areas of the Inland Empire and has a rural atmosphere.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:11 PM

3 posts, read 15,168 times
The Saddleback Church is in Lake Forest. We have just moved here from New York and started attending this church a few weeks ago....love it!!

Old 09-25-2007, 08:45 PM

119 posts, read 881,186 times
Irvine is the the epitome of suburban living, plenty of open space and parkland trails, good schools, shopping; and developing a downtown district. (Don't worry its far from being LA, San Diego, Long Beach, San Francisco, Pasadena, or Santa Ana.)

Another suburb is Rancho Santa Margarita east of Lake Forest, its a very suburban area rolling hills, open space, and parks but can get hot in summer.

Corona is a suburb, in Riverside County a popular area on the Santa Ana River built on hills, canyons and valley, between Anaheim and Riverside.

Ontario is the commercial center of San Bernadino County just due south of Rancho Cucamonga, which is home to Ontario Airport. Ontario being transformed upscale community, building master planned communities on former farmland south of Interstate 10 (San Bernadino Freeway) Home to Chafee Community College. Ontario will add new parks and schools and shopping as well as additional corporate offices.

Last edited by hgclyde; 09-25-2007 at 08:57 PM..

Old 09-26-2007, 09:48 AM

Thank you all for your replies! Chino Hills sounds a lot like what I'm looking for. I checked out the city's website and I like what I saw. I've heard a lot about Saddleback church as well, I think we may have to check it out next time I fly out there. Thanks again for your help!

Old 09-26-2007, 02:03 PM

5 posts, read 13,870 times
Default for country living head to the hills closer to his job

try the mountains lake gregory easy commute to his job
lake arrowhead, running springs, other mountain villages
yes villages not towns
you go out to eat and they know your name and favorite food
go to post office and they hand you your mail
people smile, it is safe check it out
so cal at its best 4 seasons

Old 09-28-2007, 10:40 PM

320 posts, read 1,733,273 times
FYI Chino has lost (SOLD) most of its country charm, most farmland and open spaces have been sold off to developers.
Not really any areas near that I would consider true country living. But like someone else mentioned that one hell of a commute.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:57 AM

Thanks for the infor on Chino. He definitely has a horrible commute!

Old 10-01-2007, 03:42 PM

2 posts, read 5,534 times
Coto de Caza has the look and feel of the country (horse trails, etc.) and gated but is big $$. There are some condos there but overall it's pretty spendy.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:47 PM

124 posts, read 734,137 times
THE PROBLEM IS CALIFORNIA IS LIBERALS. The state is run by Libs who don't stop building homes because they are obsessed with bringing as many Mexicans to America as possible.

Why? Democrats hate the country. Thank God I am not a liberal anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County