Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 11:06 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times

Advertisements

Aliso Elementary, Linda Vista Elementary, Trabuco Elementary May Close, District Consultant Says - Lake Forest, CA Patch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 07:54 AM

166 posts, read 380,481 times
Just found this posting on a msg board for moms:

"My Pre-k child is getting kicked out of school.

I take my kids to another county for school(i drive a 100 miles a day for better education and teachers), which is allowed. I have never paid for tuition $1000.00 for pre-k or Kindergarten. I got told on monday 03/14/11 that the school is starting something new. That they wanted to tell me that pre-k tuition for the whole school year is now due and they will work out a payment plan. No Notice, nothing in writing, just "oh hey, bye the way you owe us for the whole year." This is a lottery funded program and this school system has dropped to 4 days a week (tue-fri), how can they do this?? we don't have it so my son's last day is next friday. They won't allow him to finish, graduate, or celebrate. What happen to no kid left behind?? I am stressing to the max and trying not to cry but i will soon if I don't get some help, I am running out of time. . . . . .for once i am at a loss for words? "

This sounds to me like a variation of the illegal immigrant issue mentioned by other posters. I wonder how large a factor this is to the problems?

At first review, the school's solution seems fair and equitable to me. Again, with the costs/student ratios mentioned by other posters this mother is still paying significantly less than the cost to the district to educate her child.

And, yes, I am not even commenting on her driving 100 miles per day for a pre-K program.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:27 PM

18 posts, read 32,937 times
Does anyone know if they are definitely going to close the three elementary schools in Saddelback Valley District--the district seems to be crumbling fast..and unfortunately I'm not sure the students are getting any sort of decent education..almost seems like it would force parents to go through private schools.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:10 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliciapeet View Post
Does anyone know if they are definitely going to close the three elementary schools in Saddelback Valley District--the district seems to be crumbling fast..and unfortunately I'm not sure the students are getting any sort of decent education..almost seems like it would force parents to go through private schools.
Did you call the school district? What did they tell you?

Old 04-30-2011, 05:31 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
"The district's finances are predicted to worsten"

Who writes this garbage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County