Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 12:22 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by icstitch View Post
Thank you for your opinion!
Sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
In general, are Knotts lines shorter than Disneyland for similar attractions on similar days of the year? Or, is it like Disneyland, with two lengths of lines: long and longer?
Well, when I went to Knott's 2 wks ago, I purposely went on a regular old Tuesday when I knew the kids were in school. The whole place was so fabulous & leisurely! The lines for food & rides were nonexistent. The days you can just stay on a ride & ride it a 2nd or 3rd time because no one else is in line is FABULOUS! It makes me never want to go to an amusement park on a weekend day ever again.

I've never been to Disneyland on a regular weekday that were known to not be any school, so I don't know how the lines are then.

I went to Universal Studios last week on a Monday & the lines weren't too bad, but it was more crowded that I thought for a Monday. I guess I was running into the people who were off for spring break.

The next amusement park I want to go to is Seaworld. I haven't been in over 20 yrs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 12:39 PM

203 posts, read 322,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Sure!

Well, when I went to Knott's 2 wks ago, I purposely went on a regular old Tuesday when I knew the kids were in school. The whole place was so fabulous & leisurely! The lines for food & rides were nonexistent. The days you can just stay on a ride & ride it a 2nd or 3rd time because no one else is in line is FABULOUS! It makes me never want to go to an amusement park on a weekend day ever again.

I've never been to Disneyland on a regular weekday that were known to not be any school, so I don't know how the lines are then.

I went to Universal Studios last week on a Monday & the lines weren't too bad, but it was more crowded that I thought for a Monday. I guess I was running into the people who were off for spring break.

The next amusement park I want to go to is Seaworld. I haven't been in over 20 yrs.
People here is a head's up... SPRING BREAK IS HERE! For 8 weeks all amusement parks will be busy... than you have Summer!

Old 03-18-2010, 09:35 PM

342 posts, read 1,427,394 times
icstitch: Thanks for the offer - if you have been there that many times - it must still be good. I sure wish I was there to go check it out myself.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:36 PM

203 posts, read 322,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveOC View Post
icstitch: Thanks for the offer - if you have been there that many times - it must still be good. I sure wish I was there to go check it out myself.
yes... the love for Disneyland is what I want to be. I want to know the park by hand and than go to the park and try to get hired as a tour guide... I know alot of the managers.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:17 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
In general, are Knotts lines shorter than Disneyland for similar attractions on similar days of the year? Or, is it like Disneyland, with two lengths of lines: long and longer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icstitch View Post
Knotts:

During summer (long and longer)

Any other time (short and shorter)
So during the summer, Knotts rides are longer than Disneyland and during other times, Knotts rides are shorter than Disneyland?

Old 03-19-2010, 07:23 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
Disneyland Vs. Knotts Berry Farm

Thankfully, this is not necessarily an "either, or" situation.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:27 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Disneyland Vs. Knotts Berry Farm

Thankfully, this is not necessarily an "either, or" situation.
How do you know? The original poster could have had time and budget constraints and may only be able to pick one park on one one date with enough budget for one park.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:43 AM

342 posts, read 1,427,394 times
The last time I was out there, I met up with friends who were working out there. While they were working I had time to go check things out. As an adult and being by myself, I wasn't riding the rides - so I chose Knotts - mostly just for the shopping - there was no charge to do that. I have pictures of when I was there in 1986 on a visit to my dad's. There were still chickens roaming in the parking lot. I doubt that there are any doing that now - or if so it sure would not be safe with all the cars. They lived in Upland then and we had limited time. So I chose Knotts Berry Farm and going to the beach. But it was raining really hard, so we skipped driving to the beach and just stopped at Knott's - again to shop. No rides. It was actually in February, so hardly anyone there on a weekday.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:50 AM

897 posts, read 1,591,278 times
Has Knotts changed its level of ghettoness since I last went there? As far as I can remember, Knotts was always crawling with bald knuckleheads and the park was unkempt. Disneyland may be expensive and overcrowded but at least I didn't have to worry about getting shanked there. Besides, Magic Mountain always had the better rides but, if I have to choose one of the two then I guess I would choose Disneyland.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:06 AM

1,714 posts, read 6,052,894 times
Quote:
No, we went sometime Oct 5-9, 2009, during Huntsville City Schools Fall Break;
Charles, we were there that week. We also used ridemax software, as you did. My memory of that week includes the fact that several of the larger rides were breaking, especially Splash Mountain and California Screamin'. Since every broken ride sends hundreds of people to other rides, it can really be a problem, especially if (as is common in October) you are trying to go to the Haunted Mansion, which as the closest thing to the broken Splash Mountain, ends up with all the foot traffic for both rides.

We had gotten to be pros at negotiating the whole thing, though, since we had SoCal annual passes; and we got through it without excessive aggravation. We even got into Peter Pan in 35 minutes - usually an hour wait.

Ridemax rocks - as you know - so worth the money! You've been to Disneyland enough times to know that your experience in October was anomalous. A terrible disappointment, though, when you're coming from out-of-state and paying for the day. You don't feel those days as much when it's all part of the annual pass experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County