Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 12:06 AM

1,302 posts, read 2,948,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
I didn't go on MacArthur much and I don't know which condos you're talking about. I mainly stayed indoors because I am self-employed and I don't go out very much. I never ate at In n Out in public, only the drive through all my life, no matter what city I'm in. I'm too anti-social to eat alone in public among people I don't know. I usually go to In N out when by myself and I'm too self conscious to eat alone in public. I like to bring it home and read message board while eating! I always stayed in my car, ate my burger at home and never had any problems. I don't eat at home because it's unsafe, but because I don't like to eat in public!

The only ghetto area I knew of was when you start going on Bristol towards Santa Ana it gets pretty ghetto looking, so I never went that way.
the only ones on MacArthur I know are Pinnacle, Californian, and Adagio. Californian and Adagio are toward the working-class side of the scale, but I wouldn't call them dumps by any stretch of the imagination. Pinnacle is actually pretty nice, same style as those urban-style apartments along Jamboree in Irvine, and almost as nice as those and 3400.

but I guess it gets worse when you go west of Harbor, and north of MacArthur
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 12:57 AM

8 posts, read 27,928 times
Hello Guys, thanks for all the info, have you guys gone to the CAMP or the LAB, I found those places nice to hang out and have some good food .

Old 03-31-2010, 01:07 AM

1,302 posts, read 2,948,089 times
yeah, those places are interesting, and pretty cool. Although I don't really do any of my shopping there; for the same price or cheaper, I'd rather check out the clearance racks at South Coast Plaza

Old 03-31-2010, 01:57 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,959,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.A View Post
Hello Guys, thanks for all the info, have you guys gone to the CAMP or the LAB, I found those places nice to hang out and have some good food .
Nope. The only place that is worth going to me is South Coast Plaza.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:19 AM

4 posts, read 7,570 times
I'm 888BAILMAN of Costa Mesa. There are good neighborhoods and some stay away from neighborhoods. The area around Bristol and Baker is a nice area and is just down the street from the South Coast Plaza shopping and entertainment complex. Neighborhoods north of the 405 are good. Costa Mesa has some major streets which are excellent for a business location. Of course, in this economy, the type of business is very important. As businesses fail, more and more commercial space is becoming available. Therefore, terms for an office or storefront should be in your favor. The city has an excellent and professional police department. The police department even has their on jail.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:08 AM

231 posts, read 213,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
I love In N out so much I find it delicious even hours after purchase. I have even refrigerated leftovers once and nuked it in the microwave many hours later and it was even yummier.

Man - I LOVE reheating In-N-Out burgers and fries in the microwave!
Seriously. Soggy reheated fries are the perfect hangover food.

Old 08-07-2010, 11:18 AM

2,352 posts, read 5,252,286 times
Costa Mesa has two sides, one that is slightly dirty and hard to look at, and one that is fairly upper class.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:39 PM

10 posts, read 19,643 times
If you can afford it, try renting a room or house in one of the neighborhoods. Mesa Del Mar (behind the fairgrounds) and Paularino (between the 405 and Baker) are fairly nice areas. Also, Newport Heights (between the Back Bay and the 55) is really nice if you can afford it.

Word of advice: OC is boring. If you're not completely occupied by york work and family you should be bored to tears. There is a severe dearth of culture here. I bailed as soon as I graduated from HS and the closest I'll ever come to going back is moving to LA.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:38 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,223,852 times
I've shopped at the LAB, it's more of a young (some aging) hipster joint; you know, skinny jeans and messy hair. Urban Outfitters is there, say what you want but I like that place. There's a cafe, forgot what it was called, didn't care for it, Gypsy Lounge or something rather.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:58 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,446,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
I've shopped at the LAB, it's more of a young (some aging) hipster joint; you know, skinny jeans and messy hair. Urban Outfitters is there, say what you want but I like that place. There's a cafe, forgot what it was called, didn't care for it, Gypsy Lounge or something rather.
Gypsy Den. My wife drags me there from time time. I get the turkey sandwich, which I believe is just about the only meat on the menu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County