Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 01:57 AM

44 posts, read 189,865 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone for your comments. We are in our 3rd week of escrow on the Lake Forest house and are due to close on June 3rd. So far everything is going well, but fingers still crossed.

We are very happy with our decision. From time to time, I check out the City's website for redevelopment commission meeting notes. It looks like there may be a full revamp of the shopping center off of El Toro and Trabuco (where Vons used to be) with Fresh and Easy and Walgreens as the primary tenants. It seems like there is a lot of other redevelopment stuff planned around El Toro Road as well.

An unexpected perk is that there seems to be quite a bit of Filipinos in Lake Forest. My wife is Filipino so she always feels at home when she can find a store that sells all that stuff that I wouldn't go near in a million years. We ran into about 6 just checking out the stores around the Arbor/Orchard centers; one group was even from her same province. Small world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 12:15 AM

1,162 posts, read 3,225,005 times
I visit a friend who lives in Lake Forest. I take the train and he picks me up at Irvine Station, so I don't have that awful drive from Los Angeles to mess with. They build 25 lanes each way (or so it seems), yet the traffic still miserable. Anyway, the town seems fine to me- perfectly safe, respectable, abit non-descript but certainly not offensive.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:55 PM

378 posts, read 757,315 times
Glad to hear the house purchase is going well. It's good to know there's a Filipino population in Lake Forest--be sure to post if your wife singles out a great restaurant; I miss always having pansit around!

Old 05-30-2010, 02:09 AM

2,352 posts, read 5,236,711 times
Are there any asian/filipino grocery stores in Lake Forest?

Old 06-02-2010, 05:42 PM

16 posts, read 87,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Are there any asian/filipino grocery stores in Lake Forest?
There's a small take out counter/grocery off of El Toro and Raymond. I forget the name.

There's also a Filipino take out counter in the Laguna Hills food court. Pretty decent food, as far as Filipino food goes.

Old 06-06-2010, 01:01 AM

378 posts, read 757,315 times
Thanks. I've only been in Laguna Hills Mall a couple of times, and haven't been by the food court. I'll have to stop by there one of these days and check that out.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:44 PM

2 posts, read 3,384 times
Lake Forest is a wonderful place to live. There is plenty of shopping all around and it is uniquely situated in the heart of south orange county...close to the toll roads, freeway, mountains and beaches. Enjoy living here!!!

Old 06-08-2010, 12:53 AM

4,281 posts, read 6,059,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by housepoor View Post
There's a small take out counter/grocery off of El Toro and Raymond. I forget the name.

There's also a Filipino take out counter in the Laguna Hills food court. Pretty decent food, as far as Filipino food goes.
Are you talking about the one by Home Depot? It's off of El Toro and Rockfield. It's called Asiana or something like that. My husband is Filipino, and we used to go there a lot. I like to get Sarsi and Royal there in the bottles.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:01 AM

2,352 posts, read 5,236,711 times
I love Filipino food, I'll have to come by and visit that place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County