Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 08:51 AM

287 posts, read 547,089 times

Advertisements

Mayor wants Costa Mesa to be a "Rule of Law City" | immigration, city, mansoor - News - The Orange County Register

This is great for Orange County. Hopefully more cities in the OC will consider implementing similar measures.

Last edited by basketballakev; 05-19-2010 at 09:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 02:38 PM

23 posts, read 101,414 times
Default Any kid, legal or not, can go to our public K-12 schools for free

Any kid, legal or not, can go to our public K-12 schools for free.
I think most Americans don't know how easy it is for any kid from anywhere in the world to go to our public K-12 schools for free.
When we moved back to California from overseas, I took my son's passport and birth certificate to the local public elementary school to register him for kindergarten.
The school manager told me that she is not allowed to see such documents. She only needs to see an utility bill with our current address to prove his residency.
I asked her how will she know that my son is legally eligible to go to school here?
She said that it's not her job and nobody is allowed to ask. Anybody can go to public K-12 schools here as long as they live here.
We are paying the taxes to educate all the illegal kids in this country and they are also entitled to all the free services like free meals, free after school programs and free health care.
So I think if the illegal kids couldn't get a free public education in this county, the amount of illegal immigrants would be cut in half right a way.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:36 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,374 times
Southern California neighborhoods have gone downhill in general thanks to the millions of uneducated,peasant Illegal Alien parasites that have flooded in bringing a rise in crime and severe overcrowding and straining the infrastructure.We are not getting Mexico's Elite or Middle class .Mexico's brightest either come here legally or stay in Mexico,we're getting their uneducated,low class peasants that set up shop in California,kick out a few Anchor babies and then proceed to rape the taxpayers to support them.This is a good first step.We now need Arizona's law next.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:37 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,236,219 times
Just overturn the 14th Amendment, or clarify its intent to your liking. Oh yeah, and punish the people who employ illegal aliens. Force them to hire legal residents. That would raise wages and area standards. Might even help the Middle Class. It would certainly help the Unions because those workers can now organize for benefits and higher pay.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,307 times
mexican hispanic immigrants are in fact reducing the value of real estate in the area. if you notice that where there is high concentration of immigrant hispanics the neighborhoods are dirtier and less kept up (for example santa ana, and some areas of costa mesa). also they are unscrupulously reproducing, this is going to hurt their kids as well as the americans that live in california. the immigrants also increase the amount of crime because they cant get normal jobs.

the immigrants need to be responsible when it comes to moving into another country. as it stands they are highly irresponsible socially. they dont often mingle with the white people. they are having babies that they cant even take care of. i dont think the original american citizen residents need to pay for this fiasco. ive been a costa mesa resident for 20 or more years, am white. im all for strict policies concerning immigrants. im all for responsible occupation.

Last edited by ipressedabutton; 07-20-2012 at 11:13 AM..

Old 07-20-2012, 12:23 PM

123 posts, read 260,021 times
Not only all of the above but illegals are allowed to vote in our next president because no one checks their SS# or ID or anything at the polling places or when mailing in their forms. You think Obama cares? Hell, this just improves his chances of winning so he's all for it.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:56 PM

5,978 posts, read 13,118,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Southern California neighborhoods have gone downhill in general thanks to the millions of uneducated,peasant Illegal Alien parasites that have flooded in bringing a rise in crime and severe overcrowding and straining the infrastructure.We are not getting Mexico's Elite or Middle class .Mexico's brightest either come here legally or stay in Mexico,we're getting their uneducated,low class peasants that set up shop in California,kick out a few Anchor babies and then proceed to rape the taxpayers to support them.This is a good first step.We now need Arizona's law next.
1. This is really a nationwide issue, not specifically Southern California.

2. If it is at all a greater issue in California, its because California is the nations largest producer of fruits and vegetables that can only be picked by hand, thus the demand for cheap labor.

3. The reason why Mexico's elite or middle class don't come here as much, is the simple reason that they don't need to.

4. Having said #3, California, as well as the southwest in general most definitely has a larger professional, upper middle class than other parts of the country. I moved to California from the Chicago suburbs, are nearly all the Mexicans are first generation, "uneducated, peasants". There is no equivalent counterpart to a neighborhood/suburb like Whittier, CA in Chicagoland for example. (A nice, solid, middle class majority hispanic suburb.

5. In reference to a post in another thread on the California forum, the biggest source of state resource draining welfare are the ridiculously high public pensions for retired police, prison guards, firefighters, etc.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:39 PM

240 posts, read 621,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post

Amen Brother, A-M-E-N!

Moderator cut: Do not discuss moderator actions in the forum, bring it to DM

Last edited by bhcompy; 07-21-2012 at 10:32 PM..

Old 07-20-2012, 09:20 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,005,312 times
I'm calling BS here. I am one of three "white people" working in a predominately Asian/Hispanic office. Every one I work with are professional, intelligent and VERY hard working. I would rather work with these people than in some of the predominately caucasian offices i've worked in (especially those in the midwest).

Old 07-21-2012, 06:01 PM

3,886 posts, read 4,539,685 times
Default The Babies...

Do you think resentment would be cut in half if they curbed the reproducing?
I work in a restaurant where most of the workers are hispanic. There are 5 employees under 23 that already had 2-3 children and are on public aid.

On the other hand, we have an older busboy who unlike his peers. insisted on stopping with two children. He pressured them to do well in school and learn English (even though his is still very broken) His daughter works part time at the restaurant, was an honor student in high school and is now in nursing school. She speaks perfect English, (unlike many of the children born here) and is embracing the American dream and rising to the occasion.

Many think it's the religion that drives the high birth rate, but I truly think the welfare state is the main culprit. I'll never forget seeing a professional glossy commercial on Spanish TV in a public Laundry promoting WIC. (Women, Infants and Children, an arm of AFDC welfare)

BTW, I think anyone having too many children in modern times can lead to problems in general if you don't have the money to support them and spend too much time away from them working 2-3 jobs like many do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County