Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 12:10 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,826,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowink View Post
Thank you all for your replies to the above inquiry. It makes me feel so welcome in your community. I don't know what I have done to receive this ignorance, but it definitely has caused me some distress. Thank you Grants Pass, Oregon.
We have exactly one member on this forum who lives near Grants Pass, and he probably just missed your post - and your question was specific enough that people who don't actually live in town (like me) didn't feel qualified to answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 12:20 PM

1,378 posts, read 3,212,166 times
Well....I replied to your original post two years ago. FWIW, some of us in the area don't spend a lot of time on the internet during the summer months. I just got back from a two week trip. Many go camping, rafting and fishing, which are some of the many things to enjoy around here.
And as PNW-type-gal mentioned above, most of us don't live in town and have no idea how to answer your question. I wouldn't take it personally.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:55 PM

1,620 posts, read 2,300,350 times
I visit from time to time so don't know about clubs. I have seen a group of old timers meeting at this doughnut shop around 9 am every time I've been. Donutland - Grants Pass, OR

You might try this swap meet on weekends also. It's almost right across the street from the doughnut shop. Big Y Swap Meet - OREGON 223 Redwood Hwy Grants Pass, OR 97527 - The Online Chamber O' Commerce

Good Luck....

Old 07-07-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwoody View Post
I visit from time to time so don't know about clubs. I have seen a group of old timers meeting at this doughnut shop around 9 am every time I've been. Donutland - Grants Pass, OR

You might try this swap meet on weekends also. It's almost right across the street from the doughnut shop. Big Y Swap Meet - OREGON 223 Redwood Hwy Grants Pass, OR 97527 - The Online Chamber O' Commerce

Good Luck....
My neighbor took me there once, when I helped her take her rototiller to town for a tune-up! That might be a good local hang-out. The donuts were good and cheap!

Old 07-08-2013, 09:17 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
we will be making our second trip to Grants Pass this August, our third trip in Late September. I am wondering if there will be enough of a change in the climate in that short time? Are there any Old timers clubs or somewhere one can go to talk with some of the town folk while we are there?
You can talk to the locals at the 'Grange COOP, off hwy 199 in Grants Pass (click on hour's & locations)

Many of the rancher's & farmers shop there...

We live out in the mountains, but this website will give you the daily temp.
Grants Pass Daily Courier -- Rogue River Web Cam

Old 07-10-2013, 07:08 PM

158 posts, read 517,179 times
I wish to extend my humble apologies. I see I spoke to soon, and regret that fact. I probably was expecting instant gratification. I have been under some extra stress, of late.
Thanks to all that have chosen to respond. You have restored my faith. We are very excited about our trip to Southern Oregon. Perhaps, if luck is in my favor, I will have the opportunity to meet some of you. Again, Thank you for the response.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:44 PM

1,620 posts, read 2,300,350 times
Not a problem. I think what happens is "most" of us that don't actually live in the area will wait to chime in until after the locals do. As mentioned, there are not many on this site and if the thread goes dormant we tend to forget about it.

There is a "Chamber of Commerce Welcome Center" just off I-5 that I'm certain can answer most any questions you have.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Grant...+Pass,+OR&z=17

Old 07-11-2013, 10:17 AM

Grants Pass has an awesome Grower's Market every Saturday morning. And an Artisan's market adjacent. That might be a good place to talk to some locals. Everyone is very friendly. The venders may not be local, by the buyers mostly are. You can easily find the info online. I think it's at 4th and F Streets...thru November. There is also Music in the Park at Riverside Park on Tuesday evenings.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:40 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,693,063 times
Quote:
I wish to extend my humble apologies. I see I spoke to soon, and regret that fact. I probably was expecting instant gratification. I have been under some extra stress, of late.
Thanks to all that have chosen to respond. You have restored my faith. We are very excited about our trip to Southern Oregon. Perhaps, if luck is in my favor, I will have the opportunity to meet some of you. Again, Thank you for the response.
I'm glad you came back to read the responses, Slowink. There really are some great people on the Oregon site but as kadylady mentioned, when the weather is nice, people just get up and go. I wish you the best in your search for info on Grants Pass. Southern Oregon is a really nice place to live and visit.

side note: That farmers market sounds great, too. There are a couple down around my way that I like to visit. I bet I'd really enjoy the one in Grants Pass, as well.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:04 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadylady View Post
Grants Pass has an awesome Grower's Market every Saturday morning. And an Artisan's market adjacent. That might be a good place to talk to some locals. Everyone is very friendly. The venders may not be local, by the buyers mostly are. You can easily find the info online. I think it's at 4th and F Streets...thru November. There is also Music in the Park at Riverside Park on Tuesday evenings.
Sounds like that is where the "Grange COOP" used to be......4th & F
The Grower's Market used to be right behind the Post Office at 6th & F,,,,5th & F......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon