Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2011, 10:16 AM

2 posts, read 10,049 times

Advertisements

My husband got a job in toledo, or. So we are relocating from idaho. Unfortunately, we are having a difficult time finding long term rentals. We would prefer to live newport area or on the south end of lincoln city. (I hear that the traffic in lincoln city can get bad during the summer). Any suggestions? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 09:39 PM

4 posts, read 32,028 times
Good evening! So have you moved to Toledo yet? Last fall we moved to Newport and did not know much about the Central Oregon Coast. We did know that we wanted to live in Newport and experience all of what it has to offer. We chose Newport over Lincoln City as driving from Lincoln City to Toledo was too much of a drive and traffic can get heavy when the busy season starts in the spring and summer.

Let me know if you are looking for a house to rent as I might have something coming up. If you can tell me what you are looking for and price range I would be happy to help.

Best Regards!

Old 03-31-2011, 04:54 PM

1 posts, read 4,986 times
Default I'm looking too

Hi, my partner and I are moving up there soon as well. Looking at the end of April. Know of any that might fit our needs? We are looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom house that allows a dog. We don't want to pay any more than $800, hoping that it will be around 700/mo. Thank you!!
Amanda

Old 03-31-2011, 08:27 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,434,579 times
Toldeo isn't much of a town for rentals (or for much else really.) Most of the locals live on a couple of acres nearby, though there are some houses in town, and if I remember correctly there is a mobile home park just inside city limits.

Newport rentals maybe had to find (and over priced) because so many of them are taken up during the tourist season - especially houses. You may get lucky looking along the Yaquina River (aka the Waterfront,) as that tends to be less desirable. I'd also suggest looking south of the Yaquina Bay Bridge, and anywhere that is not within walking distance of the beach.

If I was living in Lincoln City, I wouldn't commute from there to Toledo. Distance wise it doesn't look that bad, but again, in Tourist Season, it can get nasty.

I found these two sites: Newport Homes For Rent | Newport Houses For Rent | RentalHomesPlus.com and Newport Homes for Rent & Newport Rental Homes | Homes.com but don't know anything about them.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:57 PM

4 posts, read 32,028 times
Greetings! I know what you mean about finding housing in Newport. It really can be a challenge as there aren't many nice ones, unless you don't mind renting out something either really old and not that well taken care of. Fortunately, we found a really nice rental that we are currently in. I did a quick search on craigslist and found this listing which looks promising:

Newly Constructed 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath Cottage Style House (http://oregoncoast.craigslist.org/apa/2300447409.html - broken link)

Best of luck!

Old 04-08-2011, 04:30 PM

2 posts, read 10,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonCoast2011 View Post
Good evening! So have you moved to Toledo yet? Last fall we moved to Newport and did not know much about the Central Oregon Coast. We did know that we wanted to live in Newport and experience all of what it has to offer. We chose Newport over Lincoln City as driving from Lincoln City to Toledo was too much of a drive and traffic can get heavy when the busy season starts in the spring and summer.

Let me know if you are looking for a house to rent as I might have something coming up. If you can tell me what you are looking for and price range I would be happy to help.

Best Regards!

Yes we moved last week. We found a house in Toledo which is okay not too much to brag about but it is a great starting point. Now that we are here we can take our time and look around and hopefully find a better fit for ourselves. Thank you so much for responding

Old 10-27-2011, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 4,352 times
looking for long term rental in newport area 3-4 bedrooms 2+ baths
[email]ea1956@live.com[/email]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon