U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2007, 04:42 PM

5 posts, read 21,426 times

Advertisements

After 6 years in Arizona (4 more as part-time vacationers) we are coming home! We're in a beautiful small oasis outside of Phoenix on a 5 star resort but it pales in comparison to Oregon. I've been spending more and more time back home with family each year and finally the family has decided to wrap up business here and move back! We'll be looking for an acre or so in the SE of Portland (Estacada, Oregon City, Sandy) where property can still be affordable. 1 house perhaps buildable for 2nd for son & his family. Any great ideas? We'll also be relocating our landscape maintenance business with us. Can hardly wait to join all you Oregonians back home ...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 12:39 AM

1,848 posts, read 6,499,933 times
Welcome back to Oregon!

Old 09-25-2007, 08:26 PM

48 posts, read 149,769 times
Do you or does anyone know about Sandy and the surrounding rural towns and areas? I need some peace and quiet after living in Salem.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:42 AM

2,096 posts, read 8,577,551 times
Welcome back! I like the areas you have mentioned! Might look into Mulino and Beavercreek just out of Oregon City, they're going to be growing soon I think, but you still can get some good lots of land, I know in Mulino at least, they're on required min. 5 acres. The little school out there is one of the BEST in Oregon, we loved having our oldest there, dont have a single negative thing to say about it. (dont ask me what we thought of the Kg. in Tigard!) They recently did a street of dreams out off Beavercreek. Soooo...might wanna jump in while you can if you like that area...
My dear friend lives in Estacada. I think its beautiful and peaceful there, most people seem awful friendly,but i cant say what its like to live there. She loves it though. And I know one teacher in the grade school, I'll vouch for him that he's a terrific teacher and I know the kids love him and learn a lot.
I havent been through Sandy in a couple years. I know it used to be pretty and peaceful, besides traffic during ski season! but again, havent been there in years.
Best of luck to you and again, welcome back home!
Tiffany
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon