Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 12:55 PM

17,634 posts, read 22,629,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadylady View Post
24 x 31 fully enclosed garage. Roll-up door, walk-in and a window. It'll be nicer than our house!! They're still working on it. Barn Red.
Wonderful

I chose the forest green roof

open sides, 16'x 21'
12'x 21'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 08:10 PM

372 posts, read 576,072 times
Anna_K, did you ever make it to the WV? Where did you decide to go? My husband and I are in the SF Bay Area and have been looking up yonder for a few years, and we've narrowed it down to Oregon City, McMinnville, and Sandy.

I would like to see if you finally made it from PA.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:43 AM

26 posts, read 60,713 times
Hi Goin' Coastal.

We are still in the east. Retirement is a couple years off and while we had hoped to take a road & scouting trip to OR we've not been able to find the time required. Maybe next year.

Best of luck in your own quest.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:26 AM

1 posts, read 645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_K View Post
We now live in PA and NJ. My husband will retire in 2 - 3 years and we would like to relocate to Oregon.

Rich grew up in Ontario/Canada and went to university in Vancouver, BC. I lived in SE Idaho for nearly 30 years and spent almost all my vacations camping near Newport. We would like to get away from the East Coast: the oppressive heat and humidity in the summers, the snow and ice in the winters, the traffic, the population density . . . we want less of all of that.

We are looking for a place where we can live out the last 20 or so years of our lives. Realistically, we'd want to be near accessible medical and dental care. We're both healthy now but we aren't getting any younger. Veterinary care is important as well because we'll have dogs as long as we possibly can. Rich needs a good hardware store in the vicinity, I would like a fishing stream and a garden plot, the dogs need space to run.

We are of the generation that cooks from scratch so we would like a selection of grocery stores and a Farmers Market; we like to read; I'm a translator and need reliable Internet access. As to restaurants, we're not fond of chains and we're really REALLY tired of Italian food.

Our goal is to find an acre or so, not overly hilly, where we could have a modular home set up. My concern is that the urban growth limitations in Oregon might make it difficult to do that and I'm wondering if we could get some input from you? It seems that most modulars are in MHPs and we don't want to live in a park.

At this time we don't really have an area preference though we're tending toward Corvallis because I went to university there and am slightly familiar with the general area, though it's been more than 30 years ago. We're driving to Oregon in September and will have 10 days to spend looking around.

I would very much like your help with ideas of how to use those 10 days most effectively and efficiently.

Anna
Did you successfully relocate to the WV?

Old 05-22-2013, 12:09 PM

26 posts, read 60,713 times
Hi Willamettes,

No. We didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon