Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 11:57 AM

2 posts, read 13,488 times

Advertisements

Chiloquin is MY home. Yes there are "situations" that happen but "situations" happen everywhere. Law enforcement is not as available as the "big city" but there are available when necessary.

I personally carry when I'm not at work and I do not fear being in town at any time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 12:17 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,817,826 times
And I live near Chiloquin, am often in town, never carry, and am never afraid. Different strokes, I guess.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:05 PM

2,316 posts, read 7,817,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1904 View Post
Are they serious???
I've been in cities where suburbs are more dangerous than Chiloquin. This has to be a joke. Talk about over exaggerating. Does anyone else feel Chiloquin is like this?

"Many residents hope Chiloquin can shed its rough-town stereotype."
“I wouldn’t be in Chiloquin past midnight…; it just doesn’t feel safe.”

Herald and News: Klamath Falls, Oregon (http://www.heraldandnews.com/articles/2007/08/15/news/local_news/local2.txt - broken link)
It's the K Falls Herald and News... Seriously, what the hell else do they have to report in Klamath County? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:06 PM

2 posts, read 9,174 times
i never have any problems here in chiloquin. no theft and all that guff about everyone drunk and what not is al bs. klamath falls has the sickos.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:31 PM

1 posts, read 3,044 times
Yes, I do feel you are right. The people of Chiloquin have respect for each other, and their town. The Natives who are there care about their culture, land, and people more than anyone knows. I went to school my whole life there, and still have many freinds who I have much respect for. The land is beautiful!!

Old 03-17-2012, 01:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,586 times
Default I lived in Chiloquin from 77 to 80..

I lived in Chiloquin for several years...At the time work was scarce in the saw mills but still could be found...Native American Alcoholism was very high at the time...If u were white, you weren't welcomed until you you were accepted by the towns folk...Usually by meeting in the towns bars and getting to be known was the key for me...there were many alcohol related deaths in the Indian population during the time I was there... Actually Chiloquin was a small but beautiful town..Once you were accepted by the local Indian population there was little trouble and people would watch your back.....Especially with the younger crowd I got into many unwanted fights...Usually it was kids drinking and wanted to see if you passed the test of being able to take care of yourself...Every fight I was in was alcohol related..... Alcoholism among the Indian population was very high and seemed to be accepted by much of their own...

Old 09-19-2012, 01:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,472 times
i have lived in Chiloquin 47 years and now its pretty tame , but back in the day it was horrible, dead people froze to death in the park was normal, shootings normal , stabbings normal, fights common, one man killed his wife dressed her in her wedding dress and cruised her around for 3 days, a kid who was my neighbor beat a 76 yr old man to death for 15 dollars, my other neighbor got his intestines cut out and lived, when i was little every one who lived around me got murdered one beat to death 2 shot and the pastor almost was shot by a drunk one day, lots and lots of violence ,and yes a slum hood in any city would have been safer then Chiloquin was a bad ass little town dont ever think its safe it is not.

Old 07-19-2014, 04:05 PM

2 posts, read 3,550 times
Sometimes I feel that we can exaggerate and it is difficult to live in a very quiet town specially when we are used to the big cities. I have been a single mother and lived alone with my daughters one of my safety tips was not to go out at night specially to walk at night not even to the store My experience since now Iam 67 years old is to stay put in your home with the kids if possible and wait to go out during the day time,have good fun with good friends and or family members. Single mothers will always be vulnerable. Oh and by the way Iam from California famous for a lot of good and bad" stuff " . I have visited Klamath falls chiloquin River sprague and Crater Lake quiet and misterious place I love the land . Take care of yourselves and many blessings be safe unfortunatly the world has never been 100% safe ..... Specially for us girls...love Lila

Old 12-03-2014, 05:54 PM

4 posts, read 11,209 times
Default Chiloquin ghost town

I lived in Chiloquin in 1997. Then it was a nice town. Felt safe at night, no problems. Today I went there to the Chiloquin Clinic. In the space of an hour, in broad daylight, items from my car, which was parked in the clinic parking lot, were stolen. The town is filled with boarded up stores, boarded up houses, and the drunks hang out on a couch on the porch of a boarded up house, right near the liquor store. I didn't recognize the place. I would not advise living there unless you have high security measures in place and are armed.

Old 12-03-2014, 05:57 PM

4 posts, read 11,209 times
I lived in Chiloquin in 1997. Then it was a nice town. Felt safe at night, no problems. Today I went there to the Chiloquin Clinic. In the space of an hour, in broad daylight, items from my car, which was parked in the clinic parking lot, were stolen. The town is filled with boarded up stores, boarded up houses, and the drunks hang out on a couch on the porch of a boarded up house, right near the liquor store. I didn't recognize the place. I would not advise living there unless you have high security measures in place and are armed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
View detailed profiles of: