Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 08:29 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,048,239 times

Advertisements

lMAO!!! Eugguy!!!!
I just thought Id pop on and say I dont really think it has much to do w/what state is on your plates. Oregon is pretty tough when it comes to traffic laws. A bit overboard sometimes IMO, but thats just me.
I WISH the ticket I had gotten for speeding was $427.00 When i was young and dumb, I got caught speeding on the road to Astoria. Now grant you, I was in a passing lane, passing one of my pet peeves (those who go 40mph, then 90in a passing) I was 6mnth prego and bleeding and trying to get to town, anyhow, the cop caught me at 97mph. (ya, waaaay fast, I admit, but I barely got past the other guy!) I ended up with a 1700.00 fine! And nope, no ride behind to the hospital, he refused to believe me. Anyhow, I ended up getting it reduced to 1300.00 even after sending the judge proof that I was on hospital bedrest within the week. Couldnt exactly make it to court, ya know? Still my fault, shouldnt have been going so stupidly fast. anyhow, my point is, Oregon IS tough tough tough on traffic violations. Doesnt matter your plate. 98% of the time, you go 5miles over, youre gonna get caught and ticketed. Call the court, see if you can make payments, thats what I ended up doing.
Tiffany
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 01:14 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,245,808 times
You guys are tough. Guy asks a few simple questions about a traffic ticket he takes full responsibility for and instead of answering the question most of the chat was about what an idiot he is for going 86 and how much gas he is wasting. Thanks for the help!

The answer to the traffic school question is that you have to contact the jurisdiction that issued the ticket to see if they will accept this. Normally you still have to pay the fine, but the points don’t get added to your driving record.

As a CA resident I received a ticket in Nevada a few years ago. (For you anti-speed folks, I was doing 95 in a car with a top end of 168, so practically in neutral. This was on the Highway 50 – the Loneliest Highway in America - just me, my wife and the cop – definitely one too many!)

In any event, I contacted the jurisdiction and they said sure, take a traffic school class and the points will come off – they had a reciprocity agreement with the CA DMV to make this happen. I took an online traffic school (it took about an hour). The only problem was the online traffic school sent the completion notice to the NV DMV – it never got where it needed to be - the jurisdiction in question. The folks from that jurisdiction were very nice in trying to get the problem resolved, but it never was and the point ended up on my record anyways. Just dropped off this past July.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
View detailed profiles of: