Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2012, 09:30 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times

Advertisements

Woman hospitalized after saving dog from raccoon - KCTV 5

The victim, Bridie Olinger, says her dog was playing outside when it spotted a raccoon in the bushes and tried to fight it off.

Olinger says she didn't think twice about the consequences; instead, she just rushed into the middle of the fight to protect her dog.

"I kept trying to kick and punch the raccoon, and then I tried to find a stick to beat it off, but when I couldn't I stuck my hands in," said Olinger.

All i can say is that "She must have been drinking some of Milwaukie's finest!

The dog would have been just fine by himself.

This is a case where we wouldn't use the term "SHOW ME".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 09:55 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
You assume the dog would have been fine, you do not know. Raccoons have been known to kill many a coon dog (usually be drowning them but not always). To assume that a woman was drunk and slander a complete stranger is just bad form. Some pet owners love their animals enough to put themselves in harms way in order to save them. Obviously, you are not one of those people.

Why you are posting in the Missouri forum something that happened to a Wisconsin woman makes no sense at all.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:14 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
You assume the dog would have been fine, you do not know. Raccoons have been known to kill many a coon dog (usually be drowning them but not always). To assume that a woman was drunk and slander a complete stranger is just bad form. Some pet owners love their animals enough to put themselves in harms way in order to save them. Obviously, you are not one of those people.

Why you are posting in the Missouri forum something that happened to a Wisconsin woman makes no sense at all.
i don't really need you to critique my online form. She was either drunk on drugs or stupid to do what she did. There wasn't any body of water in the bushes by the house. Thus no drowning to occur. You don't know squat about what i care about a pet. So please refrain from your know it all posts towards me. I posted this here because i thought it might be of interest to some of our members.
Request the post to be moved if it upsets you so bad.Your post contributed nothing except an attempt to villify me. Good day.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:57 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,269,957 times
The original article was posted on an Oregon station and then by a Kansas City staton. Now it is WI . The final statement said if they captured the coon it would be turned over to the Oregon Department of X?

Makes me wonder

There is a MIlwaukee, Oregon.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:08 PM

780 posts, read 1,577,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
The original article was posted on an Oregon station and then by a Kansas City staton. Now it is WI . The final statement said if they captured the coon it would be turned over to the Oregon Department of X?

Makes me wonder

There is a MIlwaukee, Oregon.
Milwaukie, with an "i". The incident happened in the town I work in (the aforementioned Milwaukie, OR.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:20 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

I hate to admit it but I'm kind of confused myself. If the dog that she had was a small breed maybe, but a Pit bull? I'm sorry as much as I love dogs in general he might be on his own on that one I would have also looked at the fact that raccoons carry rabies and those shots hurt like hell! Not to mention that rabies can kill you if left untreated.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:13 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,442,036 times
Not all Pit Bulls are "vicious" enough to be strong enough to protect themselves against that. Mine wouldn't be.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:17 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Raccoons aren't that tough. All of my dogs have killed raccoons. Maybe some couch potato city dogs would have trouble, but my active farm dogs don't have any trouble.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:52 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
I would imagine all she could think of was saving her dog and emotions got the best of her. It is never wise to try and break up fights between any animals. A garden hose or bucket of water thrown on the fighters will usually do the trick. With cats, a very loud noise will distract them.

But getting in the middle of the fracus is the last thing anyone should do.

Old 05-12-2012, 04:56 PM

174 posts, read 590,836 times
"active farm dogs"
yep, a completely different breed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon