Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 09:43 PM

5 posts, read 17,839 times

Advertisements

i
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyKnox View Post
Triangle Lake is probably not the best option for what you are looking for. My family has owned a lakeside slice of heaven there for over 50 years and in the summer the lake is like a private utopia to those who know about it. In the winter it is a very desolate place (I think about 3 homes are occupied year-round). Triangle is a wonderful place if you want a summer home, but if you actually want to LIVE there, be prepared for annual flooding, no police presence (the police consider the communities between Florence and Triangle Lake to be "lawless"), and a one hour commute into the city of Eugene. Junction City is about 30 min east and offers Safeway and Bi-Mart. 45 minutes to the west, Florence is one of the highest rated retirement communities on the Oregon Coast.

If you like the Eugene area, Fern Ridge Resevoir is a nice area. I don't think there are many lake front homes, though, so availability could be an issue.

Sounds to me like Central Oregon (Bend/Redmond/Sisters) or Lake Oswego (just south of Portland) are going to be your best bets, but be prepared to open your wallet.

One other idea, if you're having a hard time finding what you want in Oregon, expand your search to SW Washington. Battle Ground, Camas, Washougal and the like are extremely beautiful areas and I'm sure there are a few lakes that may meet your criteria. You'd be paying sales tax, but your property taxes would be a lot lower...

I hope I was of some help...and not too much of a "Mama Bear" about Triangle Lake...we don't want our little summertime secret getting spread around too much! ;-)

i used to live in greenleaf, or and also in eugene, and to live in a nice lakeside the best bet would either be triangle lake, or up by blue river or cougar, fern ridge, is a gross lake, which has a lot of sewage build up in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 05:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,703 times
Default Triangle Lake

I see in your blog that your family has owned property at Triangle Lake for over 50 years. I am no 55 years old and my family also owned property there. I spent my summers there and very fond memories there. I would be surprised that are families have probably crossed paths. I live in California and not been back there for many years. I am very interested in getting more information and pictures of the lake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon