Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 12:00 AM

861 posts, read 1,062,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Usually when people reference the largest city, they're talking about population. This makes sense in this conversation because population was part of the discussion. Anyway, I'm done -- no need for a reply; this conversation is a ridiculous waste of time and I won't be back to the thread.
Yeah, I don't get the size relevance either.
And I've lived in the South. Very little of Oregon is THAT conservative. Oregon may be mostly moderate, but the moderates vote mostly Dem.

Last edited by wolfdog; 03-14-2017 at 12:02 AM.. Reason: clarity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 08:30 AM

2,318 posts, read 4,624,606 times
What's the largest city in the United States?.....

New York? Nope...

Sitka, Alaska. LOOK IT UP!

Old 03-25-2017, 07:26 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,460,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdog View Post
Yeah, there weren't near the number of Hillary bumperstickers that there were for Obama.
True liberals hate Hillary Clinton anyway.

Old 03-26-2017, 07:54 AM

780 posts, read 1,343,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
True liberals hate Hillary Clinton anyway.
I agree! Hillary Clinton might proclaim to be liberal, but just look at her voting record when she was in the Senate--first and foremost, a liberal would have never voted to invade Iraq. She is more of a centrist; which at one time several years ago, she said she was, as well.

Old 03-26-2017, 01:20 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,460,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylar0201 View Post
I agree! Hillary Clinton might proclaim to be liberal, but just look at her voting record when she was in the Senate--first and foremost, a liberal would have never voted to invade Iraq. She is more of a centrist; which at one time several years ago, she said she was, as well.
And I would honestly prefer a centrist president BUT not one as war-hungry or as corrupt as Hillary Clinton. Sanders won the primaries in Oregon. I'm sure most voters for Hillary were just because they didn't want Trump (and actually, much to the chagrin of vocal Trump supporters, the same can be said for many Trump voters. Many didn't like him but hated Hillary more, man what a craptastic election year 2016 was. It was voting to be stabbed in the leg or shot in the arm.)

Old 03-26-2017, 01:32 PM

780 posts, read 1,343,956 times
Quote:
And I would honestly prefer a centrist president BUT not one as war-hungry or as corrupt as Hillary Clinton. Sanders won the primaries in Oregon. I'm sure most voters for Hillary were just because they didn't want Trump (and actually, much to the chagrin of vocal Trump supporters, the same can be said for many Trump voters. Many didn't like him but hated Hillary more, man what a craptastic election year 2016 was. It was voting to be stabbed in the leg or shot in the arm.)
Well, this is what happens when the media chooses the top 2 candidates for us, like any other year. Both Clinton and Trump got so much free air-time, neither of them would have needed campaigning if either of them didn't have the $ to do so.

Clinton's name and Trump's behavior was all the media needed to advertise each one of them far more freely than it has been in any recent election in the past. Instead, we get the most sensationalist candidates as the 2 top party choices to choose from.

As each of them wrapped up their nominations, the media began centering on how much they despised each other. Puhhhhllleeeassseeee. The Clintons have donated as much of their time and $ to the Trumps for about as much as Trump had funded the Clintons during Bill's presidential run, and Hillary's Senate run. All of the photos online of the Clinton's and the Trump's hanging out together are not by coincidence and not photo-shopped.

Old 03-26-2017, 05:43 PM

199 posts, read 217,464 times
Astoria might be the only town on Oregon Coast that's anything close to liberal.

Old 03-27-2017, 03:39 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,681,555 times
Quote:
Sanders wasn't a democrat, which made a mess out of running as a democrat.

Old 04-01-2017, 02:43 PM

861 posts, read 1,062,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Sanders wasn't a democrat, which made a mess out of running as a democrat.
Indy in name only. He caucused with the Dems.

Old 04-01-2017, 02:59 PM

628 posts, read 818,970 times
It's a mixed bag. I saw some Trump Yard signs in the more affluent areas (even in Portland). They may be socially liberal but like conservative things like gun rights and lower taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon