U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 09:59 PM

112 posts, read 690,984 times

Advertisements

I leave my dog in the car all the time. I roll down all the windows, and he typically lays in the back, sometimes he hops up to the front seat first. I do this, because rather than leaving my dog home alone when I'm out running errands, we both enjoy going into town together. If I have to run into the store for a few minutes, he stays in the car. If its a pet friendly store, he comes in with me. Are you telling me leaving the dog at home in the yard to bark at every noise is a better option? There is nothing irresponsible about it. He loves going for rides, and he loves being out and seeing things. This is Oregon, not Southern California. I can leave my windows down without worrying about getting things stolen where I live. In addition to that, I'm not leaving my dog in the car when it's 90 degrees out. He does EVER get left in the car if it's sunny and hot. Don't judge people. I take better care of my dog than many people do their children.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 01:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,011 times
Rex Hill, Anne Amie, Erath, Oak Knoll, and Sokol Blosser are all in the Willamette Valley and note that dogs are welcome (they may be required to be on leash, or to wait on the porch rather than inside the tasting room [you can always bring your taste outside to be with them]). Oregon generally welcomes dogs and agrees that you should not leave your dog in the car unattended. As you said, just because others do it, doesn't make it right.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:11 PM

218 posts, read 701,961 times
I am really not sure how sanitary it would be to have dogs running around a winery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon