Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 08:09 PM

8 posts, read 25,468 times

Advertisements

Im with beautiful monster on the Walmart thing. all the complaints everyone said ++++++ did we forget that they can offer the prices so cheap because of the (basically) slave labor they are employing in places like vietnam, cambodia, thailand etc...... I'd rather pay a dollar more for an item somewhere else than know i got it for a few cents less on the backs of some poor seventeen year old girl. anyway, i am glad for all of the insight on coos bay. i am also planning a move to oregon from the east coast at the end of this year but havent decided on a locale yet. i love all the input from the discussion board. it is soooooo helpful.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:09 PM

1,845 posts, read 6,856,577 times
When I looked at the page for Coos Bay on city-data it shows Coquille as 14 miles away. My map at home shows it as 15 miles. I'd guess it depends on exactly where in town you are located to measure the distance.
Now to me that's just a few miles. Yes many people from Coquille come to Coos Bay or North Bend to work. It's all in the same county.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:14 AM

9 posts, read 44,212 times
Help!!!!! me (23) my husband (28) and our 6 month son are thinking of relocating to coos bay from beautiful ventura california we don't want to raise our son in cali.We don't want him to have to go to over crowded schools or be the minority.Ventura is also really expensive a small 2 bedrooms 1 bath house is about 1750 a month, But after reading some of these post's we are second guessing the move for the first time..we hadent heard the economy was bad..my husband is a plumber and i have a dog grooming shop that planned to re open up their they are both service orentined buss. so if the economy is really low it wouldnt be as great as i thought it would be HELP!!!!!if anyone could take the time to tell me ANYTHING it would be a huge help!!!we are a young family and dont want to make mistakes![/b]

Old 06-17-2007, 02:31 AM

4 posts, read 12,342 times
I think your husband could find work as a plumber, but I believe this area has all the dog grooming shops it can handle. I can think of at least three near Virginia Street, the "main drag" of North Bend.
I speak from experience when I say that you MUST know someone to get a good job here; everything is "fixed" as far as that goes, but with the trades it might be different. We have been very unhappy here and our house is for sale but no escape is in sight. If you need to work, I urge you to reconsider moving to the Coos Bay/North Bend area! Outsiders are not eligible for the few choice jobs there. Please heed my advice and do more research before you venture near this place!

Last edited by Waterlily; 06-17-2007 at 08:54 PM..

Old 06-17-2007, 05:32 PM

840 posts, read 6,516,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetoutside View Post
I speak from experience when I say that you MUST know someone to get a good job here; everything is "fixed" as far as that goes, but with the trades it might be different.
I agree. It's not just in Coos Bay/North Bend but also in Klamath Falls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon