Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 08:48 PM

180 posts, read 583,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
I have no control or need to bother that nice couple, but that doesn't change my POV on Homosexuality as an abomination. You know what, so is rape, incest, hatred, adultry, murder, assault, beastiality. I can speak my mind on adultry being wrong and most will agree, but same sex marriage- shut me up and put me in a box.
By the way no one thinks a man loving another man is wrong, its the anal sex part.
SEX IS NOT LOVE>>>>>>

All the crimes you mentioned are about committing an act witout consent, where as a homosexuality idoes not impy the removal of consent. If straight people can have sex witout love (lord knows that happens often enough) , then why can't a homosexual couple have sex with love?

and what about straight people having anal sex? Or gay men who don't have anal sex (yes there are, I know some)?

I didn't say gay marriage (which most people don't support, although the margin is lessening) but civil unions. Don't confuse the two.

My favorite cliche on the subject: Don't like gay sex? Don't have it.

Old 11-28-2006, 05:19 AM

439 posts, read 721,049 times
Portland and Eugene are very 'blue'- they also happen to be the states largest areas of population. Corvallis with OSU is also a 'light blue'. The rest of the state is pretty much 'Christian Conservative', with some areas like Klamath Falls down right reactionary.

Portland and Eugene basically make Oregon a 'light blue' state, and help 'disolve the deep redness' of the very rural areas east of the Cascades, southern Oregon and the coastal areas that are lightly populated and have less clout on social and political issues.

Portland does have a pretty decent gay scene by the way.

My perspectives are as a gay man who has spent time in Oregon. I live in Connecticut now- which does have a civil unions law- and some couples have law suits against the state of CT- wanting marriage. Connecticut is very liberal/gay friendly from corner to corner, be it rural, small town or urban area.

Last edited by Dragondog; 11-28-2006 at 05:46 AM..
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon