Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 01:37 PM

46,001 posts, read 34,991,295 times

Advertisements

I never realized it was illegal to drive with the fog lights on, though it does annoy me when I see them on and it clearly isn't foggy out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 10:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,303 times
I have a Volvo which I bought while stationed overseas. It has rear fog lights on both left and right which while in Europe, I would turn on while driving in fog and turned off when leaving the fog. It probably saved me from catching a few Mercedes Benz in the backside on the German Autobahn.

Is this fog light legal in Oregon? For that matter, is there a law in Oregon which makes this type of light "illegal?"

I'm finding all sorts of information on front fog lights but none at all on rear.

It uses an 1156 bulb.

Last edited by 7th generation; 02-23-2023 at 05:08 PM..

Old 11-14-2016, 12:37 PM

497 posts, read 479,185 times
The biggest problem is that some people have zero respect for other drivers. Nothing worse than being blinded by ultra bright headlights, fog lights and illegally installed Ebay HID kits.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:25 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,866,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullArmor View Post
The biggest problem is that some people have zero respect for other drivers. Nothing worse than being blinded by ultra bright headlights, fog lights and illegally installed Ebay HID kits.
Or the new LED light bars which are illegal on the street btw...

Old 11-14-2016, 07:27 PM

859 posts, read 1,050,791 times
My cars are factory-wired to turn off fog lights, when my high beams are on. Is that required by law? It makes sense.

Old 11-21-2016, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Or the new LED light bars which are illegal on the street btw...
The lifted truck types & the wannabe street racers are the worst offenders (don't get me started on their exhaust systems...). I have yet to see a light bar actually turned on, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:59 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,866,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullArmor View Post
The lifted truck types & the wannabe street racers are the worst offenders (don't get me started on their exhaust systems...). I have yet to see a light bar actually turned on, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.
Faced one the other night, lifted truck with stock headlights and fog lights on as well as a 3 foot light bar below the bumper lit up. Looked like a wall of blinding white light coming at me. Wish I had a spotlight to return the favor!

Old 11-25-2016, 07:54 PM

I do have a spotlight, but I've restrained myself thus far, haha. My old truck (when I was younger) had 4 100 watt offroad lights behind the grill. When someone refused to turn off their brights or cut me off at night I would give them the gift of blindness.

Old 12-10-2016, 02:51 AM

95 posts, read 128,826 times
I have fog lights on my new car, and have my head lights set to auto. I know somewhere I can manually turn them off at all times. But they automatically turn on when weather permits it. I have never had an issue when oncoming fog lights at me.. I rather have those than brights.
Even when my fog lights are not on, people flash me all the time assuming I have my brights on. My lights are factory. Frankly I dont see the big deal. I rather police be enforcing drunk driving and other things that I consider more of a crime than lights.

Old 02-19-2023, 06:01 PM

85 posts, read 258,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1heat4u View Post
I have fog lights on my new car, and have my head lights set to auto. I know somewhere I can manually turn them off at all times. But they automatically turn on when weather permits it. I have never had an issue when oncoming fog lights at me.. I rather have those than brights.
Even when my fog lights are not on, people flash me all the time assuming I have my brights on. My lights are factory. Frankly I dont see the big deal. I rather police be enforcing drunk driving and other things that I consider more of a crime than lights.
If you’re getting flashed a lot, I suggest having the alignment of your headlights checked. I acknowledge that some new headlights are overly bright. But that doesn’t make it right.

Nowhere do I see anyone suggesting this be the #1 focus of law enforcement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
View detailed profiles of: