Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 05:54 PM

6 posts, read 11,907 times

Advertisements

Ashland is a nice town. Nice people mostly but watch out if you go outside of Ashland into the outskirts. Some are the most hateful people I have ever met. I've lived in Japan, Korea, Germany, Austin TX, NM, CO, CA. By far the most hateful spiteful people I have ever met in my life in the outskirt areas. Ashland is a cool place, nice people, etc. A friend of mine from England moved to the Greensprings and could not understand the hateful people here. He moved back to England. I got out of the Greensprings around the pinehurst airport. Could not stand the hate and gossip. They are nice at first but talk behind your back and say nasty things. It is one of the most beautiful areas on the planet but not certain where the people become so hateful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 07:23 PM

6 posts, read 11,907 times
Add to this. There are allot of nice people in the Mountain towns but watch out for for the ones that ruin it for everybody. Also if your from CA some literally hate Californians and will tell you to go back where you came from. Americans should be able to live anywhere we please in the USA without being treated like outsiders and having our lives slandered.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:35 PM

54 posts, read 169,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBird_25 View Post
Add to this. There are allot of nice people in the Mountain towns but watch out for for the ones that ruin it for everybody. Also if your from CA some literally hate Californians and will tell you to go back where you came from. Americans should be able to live anywhere we please in the USA without being treated like outsiders and having our lives slandered.
Bluebird not true. Most of the people in Ashland are from California (the Bay Area to be specific). Stop trying to create drama.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:00 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,450,202 times
Hummmmm......

Does this have anything to do with why Oregonians hate Californians?
Not trying to stir the pot, buttt.....

Knowing the history of Ashland, and why locals in surrounding areas detest that particular city, it makes you wonder.

So many questions, so little time......

Old 05-26-2013, 10:54 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,755,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
Hummmmm......

Does this have anything to do with why Oregonians hate Californians?
Not trying to stir the pot, buttt.....

Knowing the history of Ashland, and why locals in surrounding areas detest that particular city, it makes you wonder.

So many questions, so little time......
Ashland is a bit weird. The real estate boom chased most families out of town, causing two schools to close. Now the families with the means to move into town often put their kids in the local private school, raise organic veggies, oh and swing by for their food stamps. I love the town and area, but I find it trying at times.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:03 AM

934 posts, read 1,127,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddypants View Post
I know of many people who drove through Ashland and quickly decided they wanted to live here. Do a lot of research before you make the jump.

1. Most of the residents in Ashland are retired and from the bay area.
2. The town is geared toward tourism. If the Shakespeare Festival left, the town would die.
3. If you are still working, bring your job with you. There is no work here.
4. There are many homeless roaming about and some are pretty aggressive.
5. The schools are great.
6. The weather is mild in the summer(80's and 90's) and cold in the winter(40's for about 5-6 months). There is no fall or spring to speak of.
7. Families are leaving all the time. I know 4 families that left recently and about 5 others that are planning their escape too. When my son graduates from high school next year, we're going back to California.

Just a little additional comment here. Not sure what no fall or spring to speak of means. Fall and Spring in Ashland Oregon are gorgeous.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:54 PM

54 posts, read 169,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynach View Post
Just a little additional comment here. Not sure what no fall or spring to speak of means. Fall and Spring in Ashland Oregon are gorgeous.
Spring to me is weather in the 70's and sunny. My son has a baseball game in April when it was 35 degrees and snowing. Fall to me is mild, sunny weather in the 70's-80's from September to Thanksgiving. The seasonal rains arrive here mid October and are quite cold. The fall foliage is beautiful though.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:56 PM

934 posts, read 1,127,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddypants View Post
Spring to me is weather in the 70's and sunny. My son has a baseball game in April when it was 35 degrees and snowing. Fall to me is mild, sunny weather in the 70's-80's from September to Thanksgiving. The seasonal rains arrive here mid October and are quite cold. The fall foliage is beautiful though.

Ah. So your definition is subjective. To me, Spring in Oregon is beautiful new bulbs and blossoms. Beautiful shiny weather and dramatic clouds. Green peas, grape hyacinth and violets. Fall is mild, sparkling, dramatic, warm and yet crisp with beautiful golds and browns and yellows. That's Oregon seasons. Differs from other regions, but very distinctive from other areas I've lived. I know Spring here is schizophrenic, but it's not like winter, fall, or summer, so it's distinctive. Summers here are hot and dry. Fall is warm and short. Too short. But it, also isn't like other times of year. Winter here is l o n g, and cold and kind of depressing. I guess it's actually mild but it's wet and overcast and I hate freezing fog and there's a lot of that, and it's a winter thing to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon