U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 12:19 PM

8,000 posts, read 15,824,488 times

Advertisements

• My Mom and Dad met in Glenwood, but I was born in Michigan, and returned to Oregon before I was 0ne.
  • After Deadwood and Klamath Falls Oregon, and Oakland and Richmond California.
  • My early years were in Cleveland, Zone, Montpellier, Neapolis, and Fayette Ohio.
  • Also lived in Eugene, Albany, Creswell, Cottage Grove, and Portland Oregon.
  • Coos Bay, Eastside, Charleston, Goshen, Veneta, and Elmira Oregon
  • Junction City, Springfield, and Bend Oregon.
  • And Adrian, Morenci, Livonia, and Rouge Park Michigan.
  • Also lived in El Cajon, Pacoima, Sylmar, Newhall, Acton, and Palmdale California.
  • I also lived on the quiet side of the Smokies in Chilhowie View, and Walland Tennessee.
  • Portage IN, Decatur AL, Weirton WV, Beaver Dam KY, Maryville TN.
  • Tombstone, Phoenix, Apache Junction, Mesa, Flagstaff, Double Adobe, Florence, and Douglas Arizona.
  • As you can see I have lived all over,
  • But wait ... We left off Tucson, Casa Grande, Maricopa, and Bisbee Arizona.
  • And Cooledge, and Sunsites, also in Arizona.
  • And Chesterton and Michigan City Indiana.
Sadly many of those cities were in multiple locations also. I am sure I have left some off.

Like Dallas Oregon ......

Last edited by Steve Pickering; 03-05-2013 at 01:36 PM..
Rate this post positively

Old 03-05-2013, 01:30 PM

16,420 posts, read 19,849,884 times
You forgot Dallas.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
You forgot Dallas.
Thanks. It's like the daily Ham Radio Nets I do, I always leave myself off the count of Checkins.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:45 PM

4,443 posts, read 6,722,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
  • My Mom and Dad met in Glenwood, but I was born in Michigan, and returned to Oregon before I was 0ne.
  • After Deadwood and Klamath Falls Oregon, and Oakland and Richmond California.
  • My early years were in Cleveland, Zone, Montpellier, Neapolis, and Fayette Ohio.
  • Also lived in Eugene, Albany, Creswell, Cottage Grove, and Portland Oregon.
  • Coos Bay, Eastside, Charleston, Goshen, Veneta, and Elmira Oregon
  • Junction City, Springfield, and Bend Oregon.
  • And Adrian, Morenci, Livonia, and Rouge Park Michigan.
  • Also lived in El Cajon, Pacoima, Sylmar, Newhall, Acton, and Palmdale California.
  • I also lived on the quiet side of the Smokies in Chilhowie View, and Walland Tennessee.
  • Portage IN, Decatur AL, Weirton WV, Beaver Dam KY, Maryville TN.
  • Tombstone, Phoenix, Apache Junction, Mesa, Flagstaff, Double Adobe, Florence, and Douglas Arizona.
  • As you can see I have lived all over,
  • But wait ... We left off Tucson, Casa Grande, Maricopa, and Bisbee Arizona.
  • And Cooledge, and Sunsites, also in Arizona.
  • And Chesterton and Michigan City Indiana.
Sadly many of those cities were in multiple locations also. I am sure I have left some off.

Like Dallas Oregon ......
Well!!, this explains a lot of things.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
Well!!, this explains a lot of things.
Instead of looking for fault, how about staying on topic?

Old 03-05-2013, 04:59 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,022,854 times
What is the purpose of this topic? I don't see how this really helps anyone on this forum? It's great you've lived in so many places, Steve, really. I just don't see the reason to create a thread for this. I would think if this is really of interest to you, it might be more appropriate to put in a general thread rather than the Oregon forum.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:02 PM

It's as much of an interest to me as any of the topics anyone else posts. You got to admit they are pretty far ranging.

I live in Oregon and I am interested in how many others have lived all over the country and how it affects their perspective.

Living in one place can really narrow your view.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:10 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,022,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
It's as much of an interest to me as any of the topics anyone else posts. You got to admit they are pretty far ranging.

I live in Oregon and I am interested in how many others have lived all over the country and how it affects their perspective.

Living in one place can really narrow your view.
Okay, I guess I can see that. I do agree with you that living in one place can narrow your view, but it also can give you remarkable insight into that one place. I, for one, haven't lived in one place my entire life. But, the majority of my years have been spent in Colorado. I have also lived in Washington, California and Oregon. I'm not that old though, so only time will tell what other places I might add to the list. I do feel knowledgeable about Colorado and I'm learning Oregon, but I'm certainly no expert.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:03 PM

29 posts, read 89,975 times
I periodically check this forum as I am doing personal research on relocation.
It is quite amazing that some people spend an inordinate amount of time on the forum.
Quality of life in Oregon? You betcha. Get out and enjoy it.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:39 PM

775 posts, read 1,160,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Vikingfan View Post
I periodically check this forum as I am doing personal research on relocation.
It is quite amazing that some people spend an inordinate amount of time on the forum.
Quality of life in Oregon? You betcha. Get out and enjoy it.
Right? Inordinate would be an understatement for some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon