Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 12:04 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,456,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Shady Cove? In fishing season you can go fishing. In hunting season you can go hunting. That's about it. Real pretty area.
It USED to be a pretty huge tourist spot. That is pretty much the only reason the town is there as it never quite died off. I have some pictures from the 1930s of the town with a huge tent campground outside of it.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:26 AM

34 posts, read 64,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve97415 View Post
With a population base under 3000, Shady Cove isn't going to have much in way of cultural attractions. It's a rather remote outlier in the north-of-Medford suburbs in the Rogue Valley. Its mainstay of economy is Hwy. 62 strip-development aimed at feeding and housing tourists on their way to Crater Lake. Of all the tiny, down-on-their-luck places in this country, how in the world did you happen upon Shady Cove as a place to be curious about?
My friend had family that grew up there and she recalls her brother loving that area. I have driven through but did not stop. I am a small town 'older' girl so I'm good with its population. Just hoping for more sunshine than up in the Central to Northwest part of the state but not sure I like the thought of 'arid' either. I am growing more concerned about wildfires AND the winter inversion that I hear about around the Medford/Grants Pass area.

Thank you for your reply.

Helps!

br

Old 08-25-2013, 10:34 AM

Just an added note:
Being from Missouri we do not experience wildfires or weather inversions (thankfully) so these two issues are something I need to study up on. I would think home owners insurance would be extremely high there and they are bad enough here!
Thank you everyone that responded to my Shady Cove question. I appreciate your time and knowledge!!!

Tell me about the Applegate/Williams/Cave Junction and Selma areas please. Do they suffer from the 'inversion' also?
br

Old 08-25-2013, 10:42 AM

I would love to see these photos if can take a pic of a pic and post. What a great thing to have! "The good 'ol days"

Old 08-25-2013, 12:43 PM

17,645 posts, read 22,680,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandyrun View Post
My friend had family that grew up there and she recalls her brother loving that area. I have driven through but did not stop. I am a small town 'older' girl so I'm good with its population. Just hoping for more sunshine than up in the Central to Northwest part of the state but not sure I like the thought of 'arid' either. I am growing more concerned about wildfires AND the winter inversion that I hear about around the Medford/Grants Pass area.

Thank you for your reply.

Helps!

br

For the weather throughout the year, in Grants Pass, you can keep an eye on this webcam...

Grants Pass Daily Courier -- Caveman Bridge Cam at Taprock

There are many sunny days in Grants Pass & usually mild winters.

The Rogue River runs right by Shady Cove. Lost Creek Lake & the Cole M. Rivers Fish Hatchery are nearby. Crater Lake is down the road a piece...
Lost Creek Lake, Oregon fishing, boating, camping, outdoor news, information and photos.

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/fish/HOP/...vers%20HOP.pdf

Have a fantastic adventure......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon