Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 03:34 PM

487 posts, read 896,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
OK, since you're a U.S. citizen, you're free to live anywhere in the U.S. that you like. Portland obviously isn't for you. Check out Boise and Salt Lake; one of them might be white enough for you. North Dakota is another possibility, and I've heard that there are plenty of available men in that state due to their recent oil boom. Best of luck to you.

I hope you weren't typing at me with your last response...your sexual standards are of no interest to me.
Salt Lake City has too many nutty, nonsensical people of Mormon faith.
Nope, wasn't typing to you.

Thanks anyways!

Old 10-14-2013, 03:36 PM

775 posts, read 1,258,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohanna View Post
Salt Lake City has too many nutty, nonsensical people of Mormon faith.
Nope, wasn't typing to you.

Thanks anyways!
But she's not judging guys!

Old 10-14-2013, 03:38 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,681,428 times
Some guy probably dumped her for a nice Asian girl.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copsgirl73 View Post
But she's not judging guys!
Judge, that's such a stupid word. EVERYONE makes assumptions and form opinions about people based on the way they choose to look, their behavior, their attitude, and their beliefs.

I NEVER have tried to say that I don't judge people.

Stereotypes are often true.

I can often make pretty accurate judgments about people based on their first impressions.

Aside from that, YES, I think ALL religious people are dumb. It's not about "judging", which is a load of bull, it's about having common sense and thinking RATIONALLY.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:43 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,431,197 times
I see your zip code says you are living in Santa Monica CA at present. My sister lives there so I know what that looks like. If you want to live with people who look like people who live in Santa Monica, stay in Santa Monica, simple as that.

Quote:
No, I said I think Portland people are generally kind of immature in their trying to look weird and unique. I dress just to look nice, not to get attention for my outlandish attire.
How many Portland people do you know from which you are deriving this conclusion? How often have you been here? How many Portlanders have you personally observed? What areas were they in?

I would like you to respond to my question but I somehow don't think you will because I think your answer will be that your observations will be based only on superficial observations at best.

Here's the thing. I think your original query, "Where would I belong most; Portland or Washington?" was not meant as to gain honest answers. You have already answered that question in subsequent posts. I think your real purpose was to come here posting what appeared to be an innocent question and then proceed to bash this city. I think we are dealing with just another one of those mundane attention seekers who like to anonymously come on a forum and knock a place about which they have heard but know nothing yet pontificate as though they do.

Anyway, taking your original question at face value, you have well established you do not belong in Portland. You have not posted one single thing anyone has said you might like here. You have answered your own question. Now go bother Washington.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:44 PM

I gather, from your other posts, that changing cities to find a decent guy to date is the least of your problems.
I imagine the men you meet see the same person we are seeing here

Old 10-14-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I see your zip code says you are living in Santa Monica CA at present. My sister lives there so I know what that looks like. If you want to live with people who look like people who live in Santa Monica, stay in Santa Monica, simple as that.

How many Portland people do you know from which you are deriving this conclusion? How often have you been here? How many Portlanders have you personally observed? What areas were they in?

I would like you to respond to my question but I somehow don't think you will because I think your answer will be that your observations will be based only on superficial observations at best.

Here's the thing. I think your original query, "Where would I belong most; Portland or Washington?" was not meant as to gain honest answers. You have already answered that question in subsequent posts. I think your real purpose was to come here posting what appeared to be an innocent question and then proceed to bash this city. I think we are dealing with just another one of those mundane attention seekers who like to anonymously come on a forum and knock a place about which they have heard but know nothing yet pontificate as though they do.

Anyway, taking your original question at face value, you have well established you do not belong in Portland. You have not posted one single thing anyone has said you might like here. You have answered your own question. Now go bother Washington.
She is in Vancouver BC...and also 22 years old.

Case closed.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post

You must of missed the part where I said "I love what I hear about Portland being into organic food/healthy vegetarian living, being artsy, and being 'green'. "

Also, you didn't read my question properly: " Where would I belong most in Oregon (or Washington)?"

Not do I belong in Portland OR Washington.

I don't know much about other cities in Oregon besides Portland, and none in Washington besides Seattle. I didn't intend to ask whether I belong in Portland. It seems obvious Portland doesn't fit me that well because I'm no sexually liberated hippie girl who dresses like a slob/freak and also form opinions of people based on their first impressions. But given that, my question was if not Portland, is there any place I could be comfortable in in those two states.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copsgirl73 View Post
She is in Vancouver BC...and also 22 years old.

Case closed.

Yeah, SO?

Old 10-14-2013, 03:56 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,681,428 times
Probably nowhere in Oregon or Washington is going to suit you. Location isn't going to fix what's wrong with your life. I'd suggest concentrating on developing a career and making real friendships and possibly getting past some of your prejudices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon