Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 03:59 PM

775 posts, read 1,259,309 times

Advertisements

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ted-smart.html

For your reading pleasure

Old 10-14-2013, 04:07 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
That was five minutes of my life that I'll never get back.

And she thinks that people in Portland "dress weird" to get attention.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:17 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohanna View Post
You must of missed the part where I said "I love what I hear about Portland being into organic food/healthy vegetarian living, being artsy, and being 'green'. "

Also, you didn't read my question properly: " Where would I belong most in Oregon (or Washington)?"

Not do I belong in Portland OR Washington.

I don't know much about other cities in Oregon besides Portland, and none in Washington besides Seattle. I didn't intend to ask whether I belong in Portland. It seems obvious Portland doesn't fit me that well because I'm no sexually liberated hippie girl who dresses like a slob/freak and also form opinions of people based on their first impressions. But given that, my question was if not Portland, is there any place I could be comfortable in in those two states.
Since you mentioned Portland and are talking about Portland I brought up Portland. You seemed to talk quite a lot about it so I stuck to Portland because that's what I know most about. And again, not everyone is into that otherwise we wouldn't have McDonalds or Kentucky Fried Chickens. What I am saying is that you seem to be speaking in stereotypes no matter what city in what state you are talking about.

You can find a great deal of people who may be into organic food etc but there are probably just as many who aren't. You can find that most anywhere these days. But again, you are putting on labels on people that are just ridiculous no matter what part of the state they may be from. You keep using the word "hippie" and there are hardly any hippies left in this state. There is another thread on this very subject.

Guess what? I live in Portland and know of no one who is a sexually liberated hippie girl who dresses like a slob/freak. I have lived all over Portland for over thirty years and have never known anyone like that. Where did you meet that person or persons? Where did you meet the other stereotypes you have mentioned either in Portland or the rest of Oregon. I asked you before. Where is your information coming from?

People dress in all manner and styles. From sloppy to neat. From hipster to suits. Just like anywhere else.

You are just not grasping the fact that people are not all the same and the reason you are being met with the hostility in which you are being met with here and I suspect in other forums is you are really very insulting in your stereotyping of people who are reading your posts and do not fit those stereotypes.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:19 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copsgirl73 View Post
She is in Vancouver BC...and also 22 years old.

Case closed.

Her profile says zip code 90405. That's Santa Monica. Who knows?

Old 10-14-2013, 04:20 PM

487 posts, read 896,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Her profile says zip code 90405. That's Santa Monica. Who knows?
Yeah yeah I graduated from SMC and moved up here to Canada to transfer to university.

Get it?

Old 10-14-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Yeah yeah I graduated from SMC and moved up here to Canada to transfer to university.

Get it?
Well, that was classy.

I think you need to grow up before you go on the prowl for your next boyfriend. The type of man that you claim to want will most likely prefer someone with more advanced social skills than what you've shown here.

Again, location isn't going to fix your life.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Some guy probably dumped her for a nice Asian girl.
Real classy, right back atcha

Funny, you expect and semblance of politeness after saying that

Old 10-14-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Real classy, right back atcha

Funny, you expect and semblance of politeness after saying that
It's probably true.

I don't expect anything, but I'm not the one looking for a man. Be as rude as you like, but don't complain to me or anyone else when the type of man that you're looking for bypasses you for someone more tactful.

To answer your original question, I think that you should go back to California instead of focusing on Washington or Oregon. You're going to be disappointed wherever you go, though, until your attitude shifts. You're expecting way too much from externals.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
It's probably true.

I don't expect anything, but I'm not the one looking for a man. Be as rude as you like, but don't complain to me or anyone else when the type of man that you're looking for bypasses you for someone more tactful.

To answer your original question, I think that you should go back to California instead of focusing on Washington or Oregon. You're going to be disappointed wherever you go, though, until your attitude shifts. You're expecting way too much from externals.
No, it isn't. But even if that was the case, I wouldn't blame myself. A White girl can try her best, and Asian girls will still be the prized ones in the eyes of men. I'm just being real about it.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:55 PM

I've never found that to be the case at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon