Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 03:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,410 times

Advertisements

These look like old posts but here's my take on Astotia org...lovely people friendly beautiful town BUT no work high rent little inventory on rents is snd homes to purchase. My husband and I are I are in process of home purchase in Hammond across the bridge from Astotia got lucky home in ft Stevens area national park amazing. We are retired don't need work but my dream of living in Astotia nada! The few homes to buy I horrid condition and way overpriced. These people know it's s tight market and are taking full advantage of it. We got lucky found s new home to buy. You eill love it here if you don't mind rain summers are amazing people are great a lot of tourists in summer but the town needs that to survive. If you like to recreational shop forget it not much here but if you want the simple life it's here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2016, 02:39 PM

98 posts, read 163,750 times
arnold schwarzzeneger wasnt from there and he found a teaching job pretty quickly, and he didn't even have a teaching degree.

Old 10-18-2016, 04:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,301 times
Default Now Oct 2016-

I wonder if you made it to Astoria & how you have fared. Unlike the positive welcoming committee discouraging you (like us NW Washingtonians saying "Its always raining". 21'' inch annually. less than the average). Oregonians are nice people so they'll deny negative . But read between the lines & comments really say-'STAY away-NOT here. More people will sink Astoria. But if there is anything i can do for u ...' lol Good people. I visit once a month (looking for home rental to move closer to my Son). It will be no surprise to come upon bridge from WA state one day & its gone. Oregon's closed! So if u get this.Cause im not asking any Oregonians- Did u relocate & do you have any hook-ups for rental homes as far as Seaside?.At 48 yrs old My fav so far was KALISPELL. But i cant live w/o beach. Hope all has worked out for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon