Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2014, 11:08 AM

8,326 posts, read 6,417,109 times

Advertisements

I found a thread about this wolf on page 36 and it's last post was in 2012 but it was closed so I started this new one.
I grew up in Myrtle Creek/Tri City but live in southern Calif. and am interested in Medford area.
The LA Times has had 3 articles about this wolf recently, he has wondered 3,000 miles from north east Oregon. He was a lone wolf in a area with no other wolves, I once saw on a nature program on PBS TV that wolves have a uncanny ability to find each other.
They have a radio collar on him and recently saw a female with him and the other day pups were seen I heard on the radio.
Two wolves can catch game much easier than one and now in a couple of years he'll have a pack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 07:00 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,527,201 times
The other day my neighbor called me and wanted me to come over and hear the racket in the field behind his place. It was a mother fox and her kits or pups ??. Some dogs, thankfully not ours, were bothering them. Every once in a while one of our Scotties will get out and get after anything can find.

Do you have a link to that wolf?

Old 06-18-2014, 02:25 PM

10,988 posts, read 20,554,439 times
That wolf and his search for a mate call to my mind the number of guys who post on the Portland board who can't find a date.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:30 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Al View Post
The other day my neighbor called me and wanted me to come over and hear the racket in the field behind his place. It was a mother fox and her kits or pups ??. Some dogs, thankfully not ours, were bothering them. Every once in a while one of our Scotties will get out and get after anything can find.

Do you have a link to that wolf?

Against All Odds Wolf OR-7 Finds Love in Southern Oregon and Spurs Wolf Protection in California*|*Noah Greenwald

Old 06-20-2014, 06:31 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,652,250 times
Default Let them be.

Honestly, I feel Its better to not call too much attention to the wolves at this point. I am glad these wolves have come back. There are people who are not. Someone might go as far as to hunt them down. Wolves did not leave Oregon. They were exterminated. Fear and greed have not left Oregon.

Old 06-21-2014, 04:22 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidlo View Post
Honestly, I feel Its better to not call too much attention to the wolves at this point. I am glad these wolves have come back. There are people who are not. Someone might go as far as to hunt them down. Wolves did not leave Oregon. They were exterminated. Fear and greed have not left Oregon.
That is the truth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon