Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Regardless of my personal views on the measure, Measure 91 on the Fall 2014 Oregon ballot will:
Pass 67 84.81%
Fail 12 15.19%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 06:48 PM

2,514 posts, read 5,001,358 times

Advertisements

I am an Oregon resident, and I believe that legalization will be on the ballot in November and will pass by a comfortable margin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 10:54 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,581,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post
I am an Oregon resident, and I believe that legalization will be on the ballot in November and will pass by a comfortable margin.
I think the only reason it didn't pass last time was that the ballot measure didn't set up controlled distribution and made it legal to sell to 18 year olds. That was just too much for the voters to choke down. This measure seems much more professional, with sales through OLCC stores, 21 minimum age, testing and certification of the product, etc.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:42 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,657,601 times
Since we can't seem to play nice here this thread is now closed in order for me to clean it up. If I decide to open it back up you all need to remember the Terms of Service to which you agreed!

Old 07-16-2014, 12:59 PM

26,130 posts, read 48,760,949 times
Default Is legalizing MJ good public policy?

There's a public debate on Thursday, 17 July, between two very smart people on the subject. Story about the debate is here. The "pro" side will be taken by a retired judge (Mr. Gray) who favors legalizing, the "con" side by a former Senior Advisor at the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy (Mr. Sabet).

The link to watch the debate is here.

Here in COLO we are doing quite well with our own legalization and some feel we are a model for other states.

I support legalization for many reasons, even though I've never used MJ and don't plan to.

We've many threads in the COLO forums on MJ; the threads pretty much cover the gamut of issues. Everyone is welcome to read them and post there if they wish, but I moderate with a heavy hand on those who violate the TOS. To find those threads, go to Advanced Search, put the word MARIJUANA in the search box, select SEARCH TITLES ONLY, select SHOW RESULTS AS THREADS, select COLORADO, select ALSO SEARCH IN CHILD FORUMS, and run that search to find the 24 threads on the topic. Most of those discussions are applicable to other states.

I urge all posters in the Oregon forums to stick to the topic while resisting personal attacks and name calling as it only adds to the grief we Mods (100% unpaid volunteers) have to fix. We need to set a good example for civil discourse....and hope our elected types in DC take the hint.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 07-16-2014 at 01:14 PM..

Old 08-22-2014, 01:51 PM

1,337 posts, read 3,265,515 times
Default Democratic Party of Oregon Endorses Marijuana Legalization Initiative

Democratic Party of Oregon Endorses Marijuana Legalization Initiative | Weedist

Interesting.

Old 08-22-2014, 02:05 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,261,822 times
Probably belongs in the Political forum, but It doesn't surprise me. I am still 100% against the recreational use of dope.

Old 08-22-2014, 04:56 PM

10,987 posts, read 20,471,805 times
What concerns me is that our youth will be further encouraged to use it before their brains are fully formed.

Old 08-22-2014, 05:09 PM

2,514 posts, read 5,001,358 times
I'm sure that people were worried about kids drinking when the repeal of alcohol prohibition was proposed. Today a lot of kids find it easier to get marijuana than alcohol. If you want to get some control over the distribution of marijuana, legalization is an absolutely necessary step.

Old 08-22-2014, 05:26 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,657,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post

I urge all posters in the Oregon forums to stick to the topic while resisting personal attacks and name calling as it only adds to the grief we Mods (100% unpaid volunteers) have to fix. We need to set a good example for civil discourse....and hope our elected types in DC take the hint.
I have decided to reopen this thread as the issue is still very relevant to Oregon and a new thread was created today which I will move to this one. Please take Mike from back east's advice seriously and know that I too, will moderate with a heavy hand in this thread. Stick to the topic and don't engage in trollish behavior, personal attacks, etc or you will be infracted. Now, let's be civil and consider all views.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:04 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,746,724 times
Can we add a poll?

"Regardless of my personal views on the measure, Measure 91 on the Fall 2014 Oregon ballot will:
Pass
Fail"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon