Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Regardless of my personal views on the measure, Measure 91 on the Fall 2014 Oregon ballot will:
Pass 67 84.81%
Fail 12 15.19%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 10:45 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,145,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Based on their performance, it seems like those people in congress are already smoking something. A little bit of mj might do em some good.
During the whole government shutdown debacle, weren't there reports of congresspeople getting drunk while in session? Bunch of damn hypocrites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 11:51 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,275,010 times
Congratulation to the people of Oregon... most of the republican leaning people I come across on forums do support legalization of pot.... one reason the republican party is losing popularity is their unwillingness to change their position on the war on drugs. If they did I predict theyd sweep the house/senate....

There are many more 'guns and pot' types who really support social freedoms for responsible law abiding citizens than the old holdouts of the party realize.... for a party that claims to be so freedom loving people these days are able to 'smell the BS' better than in the past and see that hey, no they really dont support freedom unless its under their terms....

Old 11-05-2014, 11:55 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,681,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Congratulation to the people of Oregon... most of the republican leaning people I come across on forums do support legalization of pot.... one reason the republican party is losing popularity is their unwillingness to change their position on the war on drugs. If they did I predict theyd sweep the house/senate....

There are many more 'guns and pot' types who really support social freedoms for responsible law abiding citizens than the old holdouts of the party realize....
You're absolutely right, considering that the voters in the reddest of the red states also legalized recweed yesterday.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:30 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,263,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Alaska allows retail as well. Unfortunately, D.C. has to wait and see if congress strikes down their effort and there is a good chance they will.
Thanks for the heads up on Alaska.

As for D.C., this could go either way...hopefully they will let it stand.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:16 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,500,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Based on their performance, it seems like those people in congress are already smoking something. A little bit of mj might do em some good.
Is Rob Ford a member of congress now? LOL! Maybe he has been a bad influence on them....

Old 11-05-2014, 08:11 PM

2,542 posts, read 4,000,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
one reason the republican party is losing popularity is their unwillingness to change their position on the war on drugs. If they did I predict theyd sweep the house/senate....
Maybe I am misunderstanding your point? The voting results seem to suggest that the Republicans are gaining rather than losing popularity...

My Way News - The day after: Obama, GOP in new political dynamic

Quote:
The election results were resounding: The GOP won control of the Senate and strengthened its hold on the House as a series of Democratic-leaning states fell under control of new Republican governors.
Just one example of the Republican's success -

Mia Love Celebrates Big Victory in Utah

Quote:
Congressman elect Mia Love celebrated her surprise victory in Utah as the first black Republican woman to be elected to the House of Representatives.
With regards to the new OR law, can someone tell us roughly how long 8 ounces of MJ would last a recreational user.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:37 PM

23,206 posts, read 29,014,764 times
Congrats! Congrats!

Now just remember now, if you pot-smoking Oregonians come down here to Sinless City , to Las Vegas, and are expecting to see some Pot stores in this ultra-conservative city, you've got a long wait ahead of you!

Witness the comedy that took place this past year, when medical marijuana was legalized in this conservative state, and they allowed 40 medical marijuana stores to operate in the Las Vegas Valley:

City of Las Vegas: Nope! We don't want them in the city of Las Vegas!
North Las Vegas: Ditto! Not here!
Henderson/Boulder City suburbs: Nope! Never-ever!

But when they finally started smelling the $$$, they finally approved them!

Old 11-06-2014, 11:34 AM

1,337 posts, read 3,277,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendLocal View Post
With regards to the new OR law, can someone tell us roughly how long 8 ounces of MJ would last a recreational user.
Depends on the user, but a very long time. 8 ounces of pot is A LOT of marijuana. One of the only reasons I second guessed a "Yes" vote on the bill. That said, there are reasons for it and most of them have to do with business. Plus, when you really think about it....what's the limit on alcohol possession...when I put it within that scope it quickly became a none-issue for me.

This is, roughly, what a half ounce of pot looks like:

Old 11-06-2014, 06:12 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,990,879 times
BendLocal wrote: With regards to the new OR law, can someone tell us roughly how long 8 ounces of MJ would last a recreational user.

For an extremely occasional user like myself ( less than one joint a year ), 8 oz would last several lifetimes!

Old 11-06-2014, 06:33 PM

2,542 posts, read 4,000,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapetrich View Post
This is, roughly, what a half ounce of pot looks like:
Assuming 2 "highs" per week that bundle lasts for ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon