Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 07:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,310 times

Advertisements

Hello my fellow Oregonians. I was born and raised here, although went to college in Albuquerque New Mexico in the 90's. Lived there on and off for 8-10 yrs but missed my Oregon rain and greenery.
I listen to Alex Jones' radio show out of Austen Texas. Ive been listening to him for over a year now, and yes he is a bit extreme, but I find it startling that a lot of his rants on things are coming true. I would like to meet like minded people, that believe in the truth. The chem trails, FEMA camps, gmo's, the poisons in our water too and all vaccines. Obama getting away with so many things, its amazing & infuriates me. Why don't more people care? We need to stand united when the shi* hits the fan. Everything is escalating & I feel so few people know, realize or care & that disturbs me almost as much as what the government is getting away with. I know I am going to be bombarded with people that think Alex is a fear mongerer and who will disagree with his view on things. I just ask that you kindly be nice about it and respectfully agree to disagree. He has had top military officials stating that he is right, and also Doctors on that also agree. I love his passion and drive for freedom and liberty as well as his faith in God. Im really hoping to meet and get new friends, that are awake and aware of whats really going on and what's coming. I've noticed he has a lot of callers, calling in from Oregon, so there must be more listeners here and Id really like to meet them. I try to talk to my family and friends about all of it and they are just too in to their Ducks game to be interested. I take it very seriously and am not a trendy. I'd love to meet some like minded people for coffee and share our opinions and ideas.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:29 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,708,963 times
I don't listen to Alex Jones because AM radio has been taken over by nut cases who believe in flying saucers and black helicopters. However:

Chem trails - do you mean contrails, the things jets leave behind them? They are water vapor and combustion products. I doubt the water vapor does much. My sister was in a NASA study of contrails, and some days there weren't any because the air was too dry. Along the gulf I suppose the humidity makes them visible.

FEMA camps - are any still open? I didn't know we had any big disasters since Sandy.

GMOs - I like them. I think glyphosate is much safer than atrazine, and bT is infinitely preferable to the toxic stew of pesticides that used to be applied before improved crops were available.

Poisons in our water - See my comment on atrazine above. It's a real problem, and they are just trying to "limit human exposures to safe levels," even though it has been detected in water tables. There is no mention of wildlife exposure. Hopefully, increased availability of GM crops will help clean up the water supply.

Vaccines - there you really turn my crank. I think the whole anti-vaccine crowd is a batch of baby murderers. They should be deported, without vaccines, to a third world country where they can experience first hand the kind of hell they want to push children into. They are evil. If I meet one in person, I spit in their face. Let their fine immune system deal with natural exposure.

Obama getting away with things - shrug. Every president since Thomas Jefferson got away with things. He had no congressional authorization for the Louisiana Purchase, which still stands as the biggest presidential boondoggle in US history. Andrew Jackson abrogated a fist full of treaties and committed genocide. Abraham Lincoln repealed the Fugitive Slave Act with the Emancipation Proclamation. Teddy Roosevelt instituted Gunboat Diplomacy and used platoons of marines to murder officials in foreign countries who objected to US business practices. Nixon bombed Cambodia. You need to decide if you want a president running the country or a committee.

The bottom line is, if you listen to AM radio you are filling your head full of crap, and eventually it will leak out your mouth.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:51 AM

15,587 posts, read 40,476,450 times
I think you and Steve Pickering on this forum would get along well.

Old 10-31-2014, 01:37 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,587,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
...AM radio has been taken over by nut cases who believe in flying saucers and black helicopters. However:

Chem trails - do you mean contrails, the things jets leave behind them? They are water vapor and combustion products. I doubt the water vapor does much. My sister was in a NASA study of contrails, and some days there weren't any because the air was too dry. Along the gulf I suppose the humidity makes them visible.

FEMA camps - are any still open? I didn't know we had any big disasters since Sandy.

Vaccines - there you really turn my crank. I think the whole anti-vaccine crowd is a batch of baby murderers. They should be deported, without vaccines, to a third world country where they can experience first hand the kind of hell they want to push children into. They are evil. If I meet one in person, I spit in their face. Let their fine immune system deal with natural exposure.

Obama getting away with things - shrug. Every president since Thomas Jefferson got away with things. He had no congressional authorization for the Louisiana Purchase, which still stands as the biggest presidential boondoggle in US history. Andrew Jackson abrogated a fist full of treaties and committed genocide. Abraham Lincoln repealed the Fugitive Slave Act with the Emancipation Proclamation. Teddy Roosevelt instituted Gunboat Diplomacy and used platoons of marines to murder officials in foreign countries who objected to US business practices. Nixon bombed Cambodia. You need to decide if you want a president running the country or a committee.

The bottom line is, if you listen to AM radio you are filling your head full of crap, and eventually it will leak out your mouth.
Humm... Basically I agree with Larry.

I have a scar from a smallpox vaccination, in my parent's generation death from smallpox was common. I almost died from measles as a kid, missed 3 months of school. I remember polio epidemics too, one of my sorority sisters died from it's complications 20+ years after escaping from an iron lung. Phenomena is a killer of the frail. All are now preventable with vaccines. Some children are too young for vaccines, others can be immune compromised. To not use vaccines is stupid. I don't wish their children a trip to the third world because they don't make the decision, but their unimmunized parents should go.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:22 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,787,012 times
Quote:
I try to talk to my family and friends about all of it and they are just too in to their Ducks game to be interested
I don't even like football, but I'd pretend to be a Duck fan to avoid any relative who wanted to talk whackaloon to me.

You might have more luck finding like-minded individuals in the Politics forum here.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:40 PM

1,337 posts, read 3,281,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
I don't listen to Alex Jones because AM radio has been taken over by nut cases who believe in flying saucers and black helicopters. However:

GMOs - I like them. I think glyphosate is much safer than atrazine, and bT is infinitely preferable to the toxic stew of pesticides that used to be applied before improved crops were available.

Poisons in our water - See my comment on atrazine above. It's a real problem, and they are just trying to "limit human exposures to safe levels," even though it has been detected in water tables. There is no mention of wildlife exposure. Hopefully, increased availability of GM crops will help clean up the water supply.

All of this.

Just wow. It's really disheartening to me and I really mean that.....I don't even know what to say, but I think you said it well.

All I can really say is: where I live you will not find many sympathetic ears, which makes me extraordinarily happy.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:58 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,846,077 times
I can believe that there are some callers from Oregon and much of the Pacific Northwest, though. We definitely have our share of conspiracy theorists, "false flag" believers, 9/11 truthers, rabidly anti-government types and the like, which would be perfectly at home with Infowars.

Also, from the OP:
"I know I am going to be bombarded with people that think Alex is a fear mongerer and who will disagree with his view on things."

That's because he IS a fear-monger. Without fear and paranoia, no one would listen to him.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:54 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,302,008 times
For anyone who believes this conspiracy nonsense, just do a little mind exercise and you will realize it is nonsense...

That is to think about, to "what end", [insert conspiracy theory] anyone would want to do such a thing? Why? What is the point?

For example poison water is mentioned above. Perhaps they are saying governments are intentionally poisoning the water? WHY???? Why on earth would they have ANY reason to do this?

(The reality is that governments go to all ends to meet federal safe drinking water requirements. Go visit your local water treatment plant and learn a little about it before making such accusations!)

And stop smoking pot. Those conspiracy theories should then go away with a quickness!

Old 11-01-2014, 10:52 AM

2,542 posts, read 4,008,000 times
Has anyone seen more detail on this recent report?

Woman visiting from Liberia hospitalized in Portland area being tested for Ebola | OregonLive.com

Old 11-01-2014, 11:01 AM

1,620 posts, read 2,303,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendLocal View Post
No details. This is all part of President Obama's evil plan.

Obama Promotes Spread of Ebola in U.S. | American Free Press

GOP congressman wonders if Obama has a “purposeful” plan to spread Ebola - Salon.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon