Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2015, 02:26 PM

13 posts, read 17,210 times

Advertisements

My family and I are likely moving to Ashland, OR in about a year. I have a job I can take with me, but it requires internet. We are interested in possibly buying a home with a little acreage outside of the main Ashland area. However, I'm having a hard time gauging if Cable or DSL options are available on the some of the roads that head out of town. For example, do you think I can get high-speed internet on Dead Indian Memorial Highway or Route 66? What about Emigrant Creek Rd? If those roads have wired high-speed, what about spur roads off of them?

Thanks for any feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 03:01 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,837,514 times
Ashland fiber network is not available that far out of town, you are likely looking at Charter via cable or Centurylink via phone line. I know that you can put an address into Centurylink and see what services are available. As far as Dead Indian or Emigrant Rd - it is really going to depend how far out and how far out the spur. Once you get out of town and off main roads, internet service can get dicey, particularly if you need very fast, very low lag internet.

You are likely going to have to go on an address by address basis.

For instance, I see two properties on Dead Indian currently for sale, in the 2900 and 9500 block - a quick trip up to Centurylink says neither of them have high speed available, just the standard 2 mip DSL. I've had that service before and routinely could not even get 0.75 mip.

(You've also got to watch the snow line - those are fairly steep roads.)

Last edited by PNW-type-gal; 04-08-2015 at 03:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
View detailed profiles of: