U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2015, 05:55 PM

8 posts, read 17,710 times

Advertisements

Hello all
Me and my husband are both 27 and have a 6 yr old little girl. We are not party people or big city types.We are very outdoorsy and of course like sunshine but also love cooler temperatures and fog/rain which is why our current residence in Arizona is killing us! We love the beaches, forest, rivers etc brookings has to offer! We've vacationed there many times and fell in love. Our only concern is of course the economy and would like to have a job lined up before moving there. Does anyone have any advice or info for employment opportunities there? My husband is medically retired from the army and just finished school for electrician technician but has not worked in the field for it yet. He has a laborer job currently. I am a veterinary assistant. Anyone know of anywhere hiring that would work with someone from out of state on application/interview/hiring process? We don't expect the job to pay for relocation of course. Also how are the schools? Neighborhoods/crime?
Any advice or information is greatly appreciated!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 05:57 PM

23 posts, read 22,067 times
It's possible. We came here with no jobs lined up and now own real estate we rent to others. You don't have to work at what you're trained for.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:13 AM

11 posts, read 22,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyabeyta View Post
Hello all
Me and my husband are both 27 and have a 6 yr old little girl. We are not party people or big city types.We are very outdoorsy and of course like sunshine but also love cooler temperatures and fog/rain which is why our current residence in Arizona is killing us! We love the beaches, forest, rivers etc brookings has to offer! We've vacationed there many times and fell in love. Our only concern is of course the economy and would like to have a job lined up before moving there. Does anyone have any advice or info for employment opportunities there? My husband is medically retired from the army and just finished school for electrician technician but has not worked in the field for it yet. He has a laborer job currently. I am a veterinary assistant. Anyone know of anywhere hiring that would work with someone from out of state on application/interview/hiring process? We don't expect the job to pay for relocation of course. Also how are the schools? Neighborhoods/crime?
Any advice or information is greatly appreciated!
Hi Patty,
We moved here from Arizona just over 2 years ago. Brookings is an awesome place to live! You already know about the scenery and the weather - not even to be compared with hot desert! This is NOT the place to come for singles, or night life people - so you're still on target there too. We live near Memory Ln. The neighborhoods and the people are very friendly. The biggest crimes here are committed by the deer. They eat almost everything. We have a daughter in school here. As far as I know, the schools and education are not as good as Arizona. I don't know much about employment here because I am self-employed. It is on the smaller side here though and somewhat remote. Although PenAir is now flying in and out of Crescent City, it's not very convenient for us to be able to see our kids and grand kids in Az as often as we would like. As much as we love Brookings, our house is for sale and we have our sites set on Prescott. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon