Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 12:09 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times

Advertisements

This ol' mine stays nice & COOL...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 03:10 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,529,245 times
Someone mentioned the Olympic Mtns....the snowpack was only 3% this year. I have a view of them from where I live; & every year for the past 5 that years I've been here they have been snow-capped, & now they are bare....

Old 06-26-2015, 10:48 AM

793 posts, read 1,343,115 times
When PNW's weather forecast makes my local news here in Maine, it's gotta be bad.

I also took a peek at the Statesman Journal online and the thermometer is literally on fire!

I feel for you guys.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:13 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisplacesucks View Post
Someone mentioned the Olympic Mtns....the snowpack was only 3% this year. I have a view of them from where I live; & every year for the past 5 that years I've been here they have been snow-capped, & now they are bare....
It's the whole west coast. Mt. McLaughlin is almost bare. There are still a couple small snow fields on the north side, but the summit is dry as a bone. There is no snow at Crater Lake. Most years they are fighting to get the snowplows through to the north entrance before the 4th of July. Even Mt. Baker is running out of snow. The last ski areas closed in March, and measured snow pack is 16% of normal.

Old 06-27-2015, 01:59 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Visit Oregon Caves. The temp inside is 44F.....

Things To Know Before You Come - Oregon Caves National Monument & Preserve (U.S. National Park Service)

Old 06-27-2015, 05:17 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,668,808 times
I've been comparing the temps for Redding and Medford - you guys are like two peas in a pod!

I found a few houses to check out in Medford but I'll put off my trip until the temps come down, maybe October???

Old 06-27-2015, 06:04 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,828,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
I've been comparing the temps for Redding and Medford - you guys are like two peas in a pod!

I found a few houses to check out in Medford but I'll put off my trip until the temps come down, maybe October???
It is usually at least 10° hotter in Redding, but not so far this summer. The heat extends all the way up Oregon, the spouse is doing sound for a big outdoor festival roughly in the PDX area and it is 100° there as well - with scattered rain.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:28 PM

When I was stranded in Phoenix for fifteen years my neighbors with A/C complained their summer electric bills were several hundred dollars a month. We struggled at that time with an evap cooler. What would expect to pay for A/C in Medford?

PNW - We decided to pass on the two homes on the street we talked about; one for the backyard and the other as I can't make sense out of their remodel but looks cute on the outside. There are other options which I like nearby but it is just too hot to travel this week - and probably next.

Have a great week everyone.

Old 06-28-2015, 01:27 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,828,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
When I was stranded in Phoenix for fifteen years my neighbors with A/C complained their summer electric bills were several hundred dollars a month. We struggled at that time with an evap cooler. What would expect to pay for A/C in Medford?

PNW - We decided to pass on the two homes on the street we talked about; one for the backyard and the other as I can't make sense out of their remodel but looks cute on the outside. There are other options which I like nearby but it is just too hot to travel this week - and probably next.

Have a great week everyone.
I am looking at an electric bill right around $100 for June. My water heater and furnace are gas, my A/C, stove, washer and dryer are electric. Our low electric bills (spring and fall) are right around $40. Our highest electric bill ever was around $180.

I keep the house at about 76-78°. I'd let it get warmer during the day but then the A/C has a hard time "catching up" and I prefer to sleep cool. The A/C design for this house was not well done and the bedrooms, which are on the south and east side of the house, are the hardest things to keep cool, even with large roof overhangs. I suspect we will have to replace the central A/C not too far down the line, just hopefully not this year.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:06 PM

WOW, that isn't bad at all. In San Jose we used to pay $40 - $50/ mo. just about year round but now they add so many extra charges that it has doubled and we have no A/C. It used to be that our ceiling fans were enough but if I were going to stay I would put in A/C, or at least a whole house attic fan.

I like to be cool at night also so my upstairs windows are open just about all year. I like the cool, fresh air from the Pacific in the afternoons and evenings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon