U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 01:50 PM

8 posts, read 22,453 times

Advertisements

Can anyone in the area tell me where the best
Dog Food Store is in 97526 - Prefer >97527 area? Grants Pass...out the 199
The Albertsons here is outta sight $.

Also are there any grocery stores besides the Albertson's that is NOT way expensive? Safeway is up there too in $'s.

I have three 90-110 lb Weimaraners, and not into the high end food from PETCO anymore. Nutro Max was their food, but cannot afford it since I kept the pup from the litter.
He is now 85 lbs + at 6 months old. Excellent Dogs!

Thanks for any input...

Happy New Year

Last edited by SirLukesHouse; 01-22-2008 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: typo
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 04:02 PM

480 posts, read 2,328,204 times
Try the Mini Pet Mart. It's a small chain - we have one here in Bend and I find iit is less expensive than the big pet stores (weirdly, they also sell cigarettes!)

Old 01-22-2008, 07:19 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,816,638 times
How about Walmart?

Old 01-22-2008, 07:48 PM

875 posts, read 931,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLukesHouse View Post
Can anyone in the area tell me where the best
Dog Food Store is in 97526 - Prefer >97527 area? Grants Pass...out the 199
The Albertsons here is outta sight $.

Also are there any grocery stores besides the Albertson's that is NOT way expensive? Safeway is up there too in $'s.

I have three 90-110 lb Weimaraners, and not into the high end food from PETCO anymore. Nutro Max was their food, but cannot afford it since I kept the pup from the litter.
He is now 85 lbs + at 6 months old. Excellent Dogs!

Thanks for any input...

Happy New Year
There's a pet food store (Mini Pet-Mart) on the northern end of town...sheesh, I can't remember the name of the street! It's either 6th or 7th, heading towards the bridge.

It will be on the right hand side, on the corner, a ways before you get to the downtown area - it's a light blue or white building if I remember correctly, with a darker blue trim. There are usually several dog houses sitting next to their wall in the parking lot.

I used to pay around $30 for a big bag of better quality food - comparable to Nutro.

Do your grocery shopping at Walmart. Albertson's and Safeway are expensive, but Safeway (on 199) has a seafood counter, the one downtown does not.

Happy New Year to you.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:58 AM

8 posts, read 22,453 times
Lightbulb Thanks All

Yeah, I went to the grocery warehouse next to the Wal-Mart to check and see what was there. It was like a big 99 cent store.
I knew the $ at the walk-Mart from reg shopping there. They were always out of the puppy chow I'd get now and then to off set the high costs of the Nutro puppy food.
I will check the Mini Pet-Mart, that sounds like a lead! Thanks

Boy, Grants Pass is a Bizarre place to drive in. Also looking to possibly relocate from parents' if I get this Job in Medford. The drive to the job is 82 miles RT and that is too $ for the wage I'd be making, God Willing. Any

Ideas? I have the 1 Male (7 months) Weimaraner. I kept him from Parents' only litter and a kitty too. I know I know, I just Love animals! Seems like many places are Not Pet friendly. Odd, ya'd think here with all of the animals around they'd be more pet friendly.

Worse case, I will drive 1/2 time, and stay a few days in a CHEAP motel in Medford (Ideas there?)...esp since snow is covered the roads here in the parents' outskirts location and requires chains to get the mail! Love it here though. Hope I can find work... Or I will have to leave parents (dad had a stroke and wanted to stay close) and go back to Southern Calif ACK!
My field is running shipping docks and driving all forklifts & reach lifts known to man.
I know I don't fit the Calif airhead blonde sterotype. Esp being 6'1.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:17 AM

875 posts, read 931,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLukesHouse View Post
Yeah, I went to the grocery warehouse next to the Wal-Mart to check and see what was there. It was like a big 99 cent store.
I knew the $ at the walk-Mart from reg shopping there. They were always out of the puppy chow I'd get now and then to off set the high costs of the Nutro puppy food.
I will check the Mini Pet-Mart, that sounds like a lead! Thanks

Boy, Grants Pass is a Bizarre place to drive in. Also looking to possibly relocate from parents' if I get this Job in Medford. The drive to the job is 82 miles RT and that is too $ for the wage I'd be making, God Willing. Any

Ideas? I have the 1 Male (7 months) Weimaraner. I kept him from Parents' only litter and a kitty too. I know I know, I just Love animals! Seems like many places are Not Pet friendly. Odd, ya'd think here with all of the animals around they'd be more pet friendly.

Worse case, I will drive 1/2 time, and stay a few days in a CHEAP motel in Medford (Ideas there?)...esp since snow is covered the roads here in the parents' outskirts location and requires chains to get the mail! Love it here though. Hope I can find work... Or I will have to leave parents (dad had a stroke and wanted to stay close) and go back to Southern Calif ACK!
My field is running shipping docks and driving all forklifts & reach lifts known to man.
I know I don't fit the Calif airhead blonde sterotype. Esp being 6'1.
I spent almost 2 years trying to find a job to no avail......so I moved out of state. The economy there is terrible!

Old 01-31-2008, 08:48 AM

5 posts, read 13,875 times
Looks Like I will be renting in Medford. Anyone come accross a pet friendly house/duplex? I can go as high as $ 650.00 mo.
Really Loved GP area and the environment, Beautiful...

Old 01-31-2008, 09:02 AM

11 posts, read 33,526 times
Hey back to the pet food topic- You really need to read the labels and feeding instructions. A lot of the cheaper brands put in fillers so you have to feed twice as much. Each bag of food might cost less but if you have to feed more you lose in the end. Just something to think about.... All my family is from that area, they all moved out of Medford and towards Central Point a few years ago- you might try out that way for a cheap pet friendly place. Good Luck

Old 01-31-2008, 01:08 PM

5 posts, read 13,875 times
Yeah, I have been checking the Nutrient / ingredients.
Funny, I have found some that come close /compare to puppy chow almost for 1/3 of price. How long they will stock it depends. Will probably just pay the 28 on sale- 35 for the Nutro puppy food.

As for the house will just keep looking in the classifieds something is bound to surface.
Thanks

Old 04-27-2008, 10:33 PM

139 posts, read 500,835 times
I know it's been awhile since anyone posted on this thread, but I wanted to say something about pet food. In my opinion, with five cats, good quality food is a good investment. A lot of commercial pet foods nowadays are garbage. You want a food with real people quality ingredients. I use Innova and Katz-N-Flocken for dry food, but there are other good ones. The cost of veterinary care is getting so high, it is to be avoided, if possible. And you will have less dental tartar, and fewer kidney problems with a good diet. I also have cut way down on vaccinations, no more than recommended by the AVA, which is NOT every year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon